Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Energy Industries drives growth for customers while supporting safe, efficient and profitable operations with strong global execution capacity, an extensive service footprint and capabilities, and innovative digital leadership.
This is a Engineering Manager-Instrumentation role reporting to Local Division Engineering Manger Business Area - Industrial Automation for Energy division based in Bangalore, India. You will be responsible to Manage a team of designers or engineers to deliver high quality, cost effective and timely engineering solutions to customers. Formulate plan, allocate resources to meet the agreed contractual and financial targets.
- Ensuring standardization of drawings or process solutions to optimize cost and ensure implementation by the team along with cost over- run due to technical or engineering issues is avoided.
- Reviewing the progress of design and engineering of products, process solutions and projects to ensure on time execution of projects within budgeted cost.
- Overseeing commissioning activities and ensure site guidelines, engineering practices are followed and coordinating with cross-functions and divisions on design, engineering and commissioning matters.
- Ensuring on time resolution of technical queries raised by customers and enforce best engineering practices and quality deliverables and provided supporting to Sales & Service team in the preparation of techno-commercial offers, presentations etc.
- Interacting with customer on project execution and commissioning support Interface with customers to maintain customer relationships.
- Ensuring that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guiding motivate and develop direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies and developing technical competency and skill set of engineering team.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- B.E / B.Tech in Instrumentation.
- Required minimum 12-15 years of experience.
- Require core Instrumentation background and EPC background in oil & gas (engineering & site activities).
- Require experience into Design, Engineering & Commissioning.
- Good exposure to handle customers.
- Required domain experience in oil & gas or petrochemical plant projects, should Lead the team and manage customer.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
It has come to our attention that the name of ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply.
ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions.
For current open positions you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning