Business Health, Safety & Environment Specialist
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Energy Industries drives growth for customers while supporting safe, efficient and profitable operations with strong global execution capacity, an extensive service footprint and capabilities, and innovative digital leadership.
This is a Business Health, Safety & Environment Specialist role, reporting to the Engineering Manager in Business Area - Industrial Automation for Energy division based in Bangalore, India.
You will be responsible for contributing to improving Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) performance in the respective organization to ensure an exemplary health and safety culture as well as a strong focus on the environment. Supporting the business by applying in-depth HSE knowledge to offer solutions and advice.
- Implementing policies and standards along with ensuring area of responsibility is audited according to program for audit.
- Assisting line managers and supervisors in understanding obligations, liability and how to fulfil their roles, according to local HSE law and ABB group policy, instructions and standards.
- Reporting progress on implementation of ABB group sustainability objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to Business HSE Manager as required.
- Facilitating HSE risks assessment by line management involving site team i.e. those directly concerned by the hazards, and ensures all processes are implemented.
- Driving behavioral change through implementing group-wide performance improvement programs and practices locally to ensure an HSE culture throughout the organization.
- Ensuring appropriate safety equipment and tools are available and used. Identifying plans and initiates training need, e.g. for employees, site managers, and agree with, and ensures delivery of training.
- Engaging external and internal stakeholders in order to report on, raise awareness and gain commitment on ABB's HSE efforts and performance and obtain objective feedback.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- B.E / B.Tech in Mechanical or Electrical from a reputed University.
- Required experience of 12-15 years in HSE management and systems.
- Diploma in Industrial Safety or NEBOSH-IGC.
- Good to have exposure to EPC background with HSE.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
It has come to our attention that the name of ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply.
ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions.
For current open positions you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning.