Senior Software Engineer
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Global Industries and Services Private Limited (GISPL) is a company which has 4 business areas to support ABB projects globally. We have 2000 employees as a part of this company serving in the areas of Research, Development, Engineering center and Regional ERP support center which contributes to ABB's 4 business areas globally. In 2015 the company name was registered as ABB Global Industries and Services Private Limited (GISPL).
ABB's Robotics and Discrete Automation (RA) business is writing the future of flexible factory and smart machines by providing value-added solutions in robotics, machine and factory automation. Our integrated automation solutions, application expertise across a wide scope of industries and our global presence deliver tangible customer value.
This is a Senior Software Engineer role, reporting to the Group Manager in Business Area - RA and located in Bangalore. You will be contributing with own ideas for identifying, proposing and implementing innovative technology development and solutions.
- Conducting and coordinating complex analyses and developing recommendations based on sound technology/ engineering practices and business considerations.
- Supporting strategic technology direction through own work and by proposing innovative technology development, application and solutions.
- Applying a variety of scientific principles and technology concepts and have resourcefulness for applying new methodologies and technologies to projects and problems.
- Submitting invention proposals and implementing creative ideas based on customer needs.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in software engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience.
- Strong programming skills in C++ with at least 3-5 years of professional experience.
- Experience with client server communication protocols (HTTP, REST etc.).
- Experience with design, development and maintenance of embedded systems.
- Experience with asynchronous and multi-threaded programming.
- Experience with scaled agile framework.
- Good to have experience in Python and RTOS.
- Excellent technical problem-solving, design, coding, and debugging skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
It has come to our attention that the name of ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply.
ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if it is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions.
For current open positions you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning