Dalmine, Bergamo, Italy
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a technology leader that is driving the digital transformation of industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB has four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by the ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy. As part of ELDS LBU in Dalmine (BG), you will take the role of Project Manager for MV and LV
Switchgears. You will ensure Projects execution in accordance with contractual and technical
requirements, within agreed schedule and budgeted costs. Factory financial performance as well as Customer satisfaction will be your primary targets.
- Project Planning, Definition and Control: for each project assigned you will define, together with operations, an overall Project plan to meet the contractual delivery date and you will ensure that main milestones defined are met at both ABB
- and client side; your main targets in this respect will be both on time delivery towards client and reliability of revenue forecasts towards ABB management;
- Cost Control: for each Project assigned you will review costs budgeted at tender stage and will highlight any criticality prior to start order execution, you will ensure budgeted margin is met or exceeded and you will explore cost saving
- opportunities; during order execution you will constantly keep costs forecast updated
- Contract management: for each Project assigned you will understand in depth contractual constraints and will ensure requirements are met up to cash collection stage; you will negotiate and manage change orders to reflect modifications to
- the original scope of supply;
- Communication with Customer: for each Project assigned you will be Customer primary point of contact for all contractual and commercial matters and you will back-up as much as possible Project engineer for technical discussion;
- Reporting: for each Project assigned you will periodically report execution status and you will identify in advance criticalities and risks requiring Management action;
- Project Leadership: for each Project assigned you will proactively drive the organization towards successful Project execution understanding the most effective manner to solve arising issues with proper involvement of organization
- functions / resources.
- Basic knowledge of general contractual conditions and cost control as well as basic knowledge of planning
- Fluent English and Italian (written and spoken), preferred a second language (German)
- Flexible approach to daily activities scheduling, ability to manage urgencies and external interactions
- Problem solving and result orientation
- Communication, teamwork and networking skills
- Basic knowledge of MV and LV products
- A min of 2 years experience in Project Management
- Project Management certification (ABB or external).
More about us
The ABB Electrification business offers a broad portfolio of digital products, solutions and services, from the medium voltage substation to the power supply point for domestic users, enabling safe, intelligent and sustainable electrification. The offer includes innovative and digitally connected solutions for low and medium voltage, including recharging facilities for electric vehicles, photovoltaic inverters, intelligent electrical panels, modular medium voltage substations, building automation.
For further info: Valentina Locatelli, Talent Partner