R&D Senior Test Engineer
Terranuova Bracciolini (Arezzo), Arezzo, Italy
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a technology leader that is driving the digital transformation of industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB has four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by the ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
ABB Data Privacy Statement: https://new.abb.com/privacy-notice/candidate
Our Electrification Products Division is searching for an R&D Senior Test Engineer who will work in the LBU EV Infrastructure located in Valdarno (AR). In this role you will conduct testing and verification activities for assignments medium/high testing complexity of systems, subsystems or products effectively and cost-efficiently, and in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards and safety requirements.
- As R&D Senior Test Engineer, you will design, develop, and validate automated Test Systems used for checking Electronic Boards and EV Chargers during the production phases.
- You will provide the right guidance to testing engineers team both on technical and organizational aspects.
- You will provide the necessary technical support in cross-functional teams by identifying issues, deviations and related root causes and cooperating at the product development with R&D team.
- You will execute testing according to schedule, prepare project test documentation, and provide technical support during installation of test objects in the test area.
- You will make risk assessments in one’s area of responsibility to assure safe systems of work and takes appropriate actions reports contract/quality/program/cost issues to management.
- You will assist with customer or official contacts and communication pertaining to test assignments or meetings.
- You will maintain network of engineering professionals and shares best practice across different projects.
- You hold a master degree in Automation Engineering, Mechatronics, Electronics with at least 5 years of experience in Multidisciplinary and Cross-Functional;
- You are fluent in English;
- You have an excellent knowledge of C#, LabView / Test Stand, Python, excellent knowledge of Windows and Linux and about design;
- Comprehension of electrical and electronic schematics are required;
- Good handy skills as well as good knowledge about Electrical, Electronic and Mechanical CAD software;
- You have excellent problem solving skills, good management skills, ability to work both in team and independently, ability to organize the team work and to work in a fast paced environment will complete your profile.
More about us
The ABB Electrification business offers a broad portfolio of digital products, solutions and services, from the medium voltage substation to the power supply point for domestic users, enabling safe, intelligent and sustainable electrification. The offer includes innovative and digitally connected solutions for low and medium voltage, including recharging facilities for electric vehicles, photovoltaic inverters, intelligent electrical panels, modular medium voltage substations, building automation systems and protection products.
For more info, please refer to Valentina Locatelli, Talent Acquisition Partner.