R&D Associate Engineer
Garbagnate Monastero, Lecco, Italy
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a technology leader that is driving the digital transformation of industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB has four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by the ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
In our Electrification Business, for Smart Power Line, located in Garbagnate Monastero, we are looking for a R&D Associate Engineer, who will identify, propose and implement innovative technology development and solutions by contributing with own ideas.
- Analyse and feasibility study
- Electromechanical design, prototype validation and testing, product optimization
- Solve issues related to the life of the product
- Cooperate with Project Team, Testing Laboratory, Engineering, Quality and Production, Project Manager
- Contribute to research and development (R&D) projects with own, creative ideas
- Follow-up activities based on project results, reporting.
- A Bachelor or Master Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Fluent Italian and English, both written and spoken
- Good knowledge of CAD 3D
- Knowledge of German will be considered a plus
- Autonomy in the management of the activities, team-working skills, curiosity and flexibility will complete the profile.
More about us
The ABB Electrification business offers a broad portfolio of digital products, solutions and services, from the medium voltage substation to the power supply point for domestic users, enabling safe, intelligent and sustainable electrification. The offer includes innovative and digitally connected solutions for low and medium voltage, including recharging facilities for electric vehicles, photovoltaic inverters, intelligent electrical panels, modular medium voltage substations, building automation.
For further info: Valentina Locatelli, Talent Partner