Project Planning & Control Specialist
Vittuone, Milan, Italy
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a technology leader that is driving the digital transformation of industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB has four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by the ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
ABB Data Privacy Statement: https://new.abb.com/privacy-notice/candidate
In our Motion Business, for Motors & Generators Business Line, located in Vittuone, we are looking for a Project Planning & Control Specialist, who will lead planning, scheduling and cost control efforts for all project phases; maintain and analyze actual and forecasted schedules, cost and risk and monitor, report and manage deviations.
- Ensure projects follow sound methodology and execution practices in accordance with internal standard procedures.
- Ensure that an integrated schedule and cost control performance measurement process for the project’s entire scope of work is provided.
- Analyze project requirements with project team, check that all essential work activities have been identified in sufficient detail to serve as a basis for developing realistic project schedules.
- Define, jointly with the project team, project work and cost breakdown structure, develop and maintain properly linked, required resource loaded/integrated, baseline and current schedules that provide time phased baseline, actual and forecast data for project;.
- Monitor project progress and regularly analyze project critical paths to ensure all critical path activities and project milestones are progressed to the plan, notify Project Managers of any deviations
- or scheduling issues and provide input for optimizing resources.
- Issue progress reports, program update and productivity data on a regular basis and as requested by customers and stakeholders.
- Establish a baseline plan for cost and cash flow performance measurement.
- Work with project team to define the necessary resources for project completion, evaluating the work breakdown structure and standard Productivity.
- Accurately monitor costs and project cash flow, maintains detailed estimate to complete and
- estimate at completion forecast, analyze variances by using earned value management techniques and advise project management on any cost and cash flow issues arising.
- Work closely with engineering, construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning, client and contractors to identify potential changes in scope and quantify the impact of each change in a timely fashion.
- Administer the change order systems and advise the Project Manager on the cost impact of potential changes and ensure the control estimate/budget is current and reflects changes.
- Work with project team to identify and assess the priority of project risks (e.g. schedule, cost and scope risks), maintain the risk register and propose mitigation plans.
- Analyze impact of risk on the overall timeline and costs.
- Integrate material resource requirements with project schedule and define procurement activities and order lead times.
- Regularly communicate with SCM team and update schedules to ensure procurement activities take place in a timely way and lead times are optimized to meet schedule targets.
- Degree in Economics or Management Engineering;
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role;
- Familiarity with SAP will be considered a plus;
- Good knowledge of English, both written and spoken;
- Very good communication skills, teamworking and resistance to stress.
More about us
The ABB Electrification business offers a broad portfolio of digital products, solutions and services, from the medium voltage substation to the power supply point for domestic users, enabling safe, intelligent and sustainable electrification. The offer includes innovative and digitally connected solutions for low and medium voltage, including recharging facilities for electric vehicles, photovoltaic inverters, intelligent electrical panels, modular medium voltage substations, building automation.
For further info: Alessia Albergoni, Talent Partner