Apparatus Factory Product Marketing Manager
Dalmine, Bergamo, Italy
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a technology leader that is driving the digital transformation of industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB has four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by the ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
In our Electrification Business, for Distribution Solutions Business Line, located in Dalmine, we are looking for a Factory Product Marketing Manager, who will define, plan and ensure implementation of product marketing strategies in assigned areas to meet business objectives and in line with global medium voltage apparatus strategy. Oversee all marketing activities, and support local Sales organizations in driving sales and services of apparatus products produced in Dalmine manufacturing line. Manage a team of product marketing specialists assigned to different countries for product promotion.
- Strategy: Create, plan and ensure implementation of the local go-to–market product marketing strategy including definition and communication of product value propositions and product positioning in accordance with the global product marketing strategy.
- Targets: Establish product marketing targets and budgets. Ensure their achievement through regular oversight, and definition and implementation of improvement plans as needed.
- Business Plans: Develop and implement annual marketing plan in conjunction with relevant Product Groups/Local Sales organizations/Channel managers. Prepare business plans focused on business development for a defined market.
- Analysis: Coordinate market analyses with Product Marketing team and Sales team members and defines appropriate forecasts and plans. Evaluate and shares customer research, market conditions and competitor data.
- Sales Overseas: sale execution for assigned products by coordinating the preparation of relevant materials and guidance to Sales team(s).
- Training: Drive sales efficiency by ensuring appropriate product knowledge (technical and sales) for each Sales person. Ensure know-how sharing and cross-collaboration
- People leadership and development: Ensure (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Coach, motivate and develop direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies.
- At least 5 years of experience
- Technical knowledge of the product and its positioning on the market
- Familiarity with the business dynamics (particularly in the promotion of b2b industrial products)
- Excellent knowledge of English, both written and spoken
- Knowledge of the second language will be considered a plus
- Ability to work and coordinate teams of different nationalities distributed on different locations.
More about us
The ABB Electrification business offers a broad portfolio of digital products, solutions and services, from the medium voltage substation to the power supply point for domestic users, enabling safe, intelligent and sustainable electrification. The offer includes innovative and digitally connected solutions for low and medium voltage, including recharging facilities for electric vehicles, photovoltaic inverters, intelligent electrical panels, modular medium voltage substations, building automation.
For further info: Annalisa Menolascina, Talent Partner