Junior Designer Electrical Engineer
Genova, Genova, Italy
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Data Privacy Statement: https://new.abb.com/privacy-notice/candidate
For our Motion Business, Traction Business Unit located in Genova, we are searching for a Junior designer electrical engineer who will be responsible for the design of power electronics circuits to support power conversion applications.
- Design engineering solutions, including drawings and calculations according to specification. Contribute to design reviews and design verification, modifies design as necessary.
- Identify variation requests to support contract claims.
- Follow work plans and cost estimates for work in one’s area of responsibility and ensure quality deliverables on time and at targeted cost.
- Complete risk and opportunity assessments and the implementation of resulting actions in one’s area of responsibility. Report any contract / quality / program / cost issues to management for resolution.
- Attend project meetings and presents specific aspects of design assignments.
- Collaborate with the supply chain function, reviews vendor documentation, prepare RFQs, provide design related evaluation of proposals for standard materials and equipment.
- Assist in communication with customer pertaining to specific project design assignments or meetings.
- Use standard processes and tools, assists in developing new processes and tools for reuse of technical solutions.
- Provide support and direction for entry level team members, which may include trainees and interns.
- Lead the design activities from concept to production.
- Develop solutions to meet requirements and specifications, and act as a technical lead supporting the Engineering Project Manager.
- Define, analyze, and measure performance parameters (e.g., stability, response time, efficiency, THD) as they apply to power
- Master's Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering (with power electronics specialization), PhD is appreciate.
- Familiarity with inverters, dc-dc converters, and other power conversion topologies (resonant circuits, ZVT and ZCT circuits, snubbers, etc.)
- Understanding of parasitic’s and EMI / EMC concepts as it applies to power electronics
- Knowledge of active and passive components used in the field of power electronics (rectifiers, MOSFETS, IGBTs, capacitors, etc.)
- Understanding of basic control concepts and how its can be applied to power electronics (average modeling of power converters)
- Background in magnetics design with work experience of high frequency magnetics design
- Familiarity with electric machines, modeling and simulation experience (SPICE-like circuit simulation, Matlab / Simulink, PSIM, PLECS, etc.)
- Capability to do hardware-software partitioning and to define software functionality
- Good knowledge of Italian and English language
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together. For futher info contact Alessia Albergoni, Talent Partner