Business Controller (Temporary)
Ossuccio, Como, Italy
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a technology leader that is driving the digital transformation of industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB has four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by the ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
ABB Data Privacy Statement:
In our Industrial Automation Business, for Measurement & Analytics Business Line, located in Sesto San Giovanni/Ossuccio, we are looking for a Business Controller, who will act as a business partner to the relevant business manager; lead local Controlling teams to optimize financial performance within an assigned Division/Business Unit/Product Group/factory/site; support effective business decisions by monitoring, analysing, and interpreting financial data in order to evaluate various business alternatives and recommend the most appropriate business solutions.
- Contribute to the definition of the strategy for the business unit; serve as the key partner for the relevant business leader in determining strategy for area of responsibility, aligning with wider strategy, implementing, and making adjustments in implementation as needed; maintain constant contact with relevant other managers and Controllers regarding financial, market and customer situation and outlook. Translate strategy into business plans and establish measurable targets; oversee the business planning and forecasting process for the area of responsibility and serves as the interface to HQ/Country CFO/Global/Local Division Manager; evaluate financial implications of various strategic decisions, build scenarios and recommend actions.
- Monitor progress achieved and provides insight and analysis to support operational decision-making. Identify issues, and advise management on action plans and operational strategies to resolve; drive appropriate cost structure, productivity optimization, and capital efficiency; manage and closely monitor the cash flow and takes action to improve Net Working Capital.
- Identify and communicates commercial and financial risks and opportunities from business propositions; execute risk review procedures and processes in line with global policies and standards to minimize commercial and financial risks and exposure.
- Establish and oversee processes and tools necessary to obtain transparent and reliable financial data and business information; ensure high quality of financial data and business information in line with defined standards and financial closing schedules.
- Ensure transparency in financial reporting and disclosures; define and implement internal controls regarding financial and non-financial operations; ensure compliance with corporate and country standards, regulations, and guidelines; support internal and external audits.
- Ensure timely and efficient communication with relevant Local/Country/Division/Region Controllers, Accounting Center, and other internal customers to identify and discuss issues for improvement of operations, work quality and efficiency for area of responsibility.
- Ensure (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is organized, staffed, skilled and directed; guide, motivates and develop direct/indirect subordinates within HR policies.
- Master Degree in Economics
- At least 2 years of experience in the similar role
- Very good knowledge of SAP and Excel is a must
- Fluent English, both written and spoken
- Availability for a temporary contract.
- Proactivity, precision and high motivation will complete your profile.
More about us
ABB's Industrial Automation business offers a wide range of solutions for the process and hybrid industries: integrated automation, electrification and digital solutions, control technologies, advanced software and services, as well as a broad portfolio of instruments for measurement and analysis, for the shipbuilding industry and turbocharger. Industrial Automation ranks the second place in the global market. Working alongside customers, ABB Industrial Automation is writing the future of the efficient and secure management.
For further info: Silvia Costantin, Talent Partner