Dalmine, Bergamo, Italy
- Job type
.ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a technology leader that is driving the digital transformation of industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB has four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by the ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 144,000 employees. www.abb.com
We are looking for a R&D Engineer to join our Electrification business, location Dalmine.
- Demonstrate solid technical proficiency in own competence area by performing a variety of technology/engineering assignments, mainly in research and development (R&D) projects, which demonstrate independent ability to recognize problems and provide input to solutions. Actively follow the scientific discussions in own competence area and contribute independently.
- Understand the key business drivers for ABB in order to make judgments and contribute to results.
- Contribute to R&D projects with own, creative ideas. Propose follow-up projects and activities within own technical area based on new ideas.
- As a solid R&D project member and contributor, with experience as project or sub-project leader, ensure alignment with assigned targets (time, cost, quality).
- Maintain awareness of state-of-art technology, as well as ABB products and technologies, and identify and understand technical drivers for R&D projects in own area. Understand what creates customer value in own R&D projects and project portfolio of own organization and work to improve operations and increase customer satisfaction according to incoming requests. Provide consulting services to business operations and customers.
- Participate constructively in working teams. Share own technical/scientific knowledge in own projects and support colleagues in applying processes and tools to ensure timely and high quality results.
- Participate in networks in own area, including relevant Engineering networks, in order to further knowledge in targeted area of expertise.
- Bachelor’s or a Master’s degree in Informatic Engineering or Electronic Engineering software oriented;
- High school candidates with relevant experience will be taken in consideration as well;
- Experience in C, C++, Microprocessor DSC, DSP;
- Knowledge on ARM architectures is a plus;
- Knowledge of embedded OS (e.g. MQX, Linux, VxWorks);
- Experience with SW development tools, such as for example IAR, Louterbach, visual studio;
- Knowledge of common fieldbus protocols (Modbus, CANopen), 61850 is a plus;
- Experience in working with version control tools, for example SVN, Git, Starteam;
- Software engineering skills including software design and architecture;
- Strong analysis and complex problem-solving skills.
More about us
The ABB Electrification business offers a broad portfolio of digital products, solutions and services, from the medium voltage substation to the power supply point for domestic users, enabling safe, intelligent and sustainable electrification. The offer includes innovative and digitally connected solutions for low and medium voltage, including recharging facilities for electric vehicles, photovoltaic inverters, intelligent electrical panels, modular medium voltage substations, building automation systems and protection products.
For more info, please refer to Valentina Locatelli, Talent Acquisition Partner
ABB Data Privacy Statement: