Genova, Genova, Italy
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are looking for a Proposal Engineer who will join our Motion Business, BL Auxiliary converters and battery chargers – Center of Excellence, located in Genoa, Italy, to support sales team by taking care of off the technical and economical offers.
You will join, as technical sales proposal, Global Sales Support team and you will answer to request for quotation by developing technical solution.
The role is mostly technical, based on solid knowledge on power electronics, supported by simulation tools (e.g. MATLAB, Simulink).
On tendering phase, customer meetings shall be attended in order to give technical support to the local or global sales manager.
- Pre-project assessments, based on technical verifications and preliminary calculations
- Perform analytic and diagnostic studies to determine most suitable technical solution to meet customer needs
- Advice and provide comment on customer technical requirement specifications
- Release technical proposal
- Estimate project and product costs
- Provide technical support during the technical meeting, product presentations and negotiations
- Participate to product management meetings to support requirement’s definition of new developments
- Power electronics knowledge (DC/DC and DC/AC topologies, modulations techniques, power electronic components, thermal design)
- Degree in Electrical, Electronics or Physics Engineering is mandatory
- PhD is considered as a plus
- At least one year of experience, knowledge of basic and power electronics
- Knowledge of railway standards will be considered a plus
- Good English knowledge; German knowledge is considered a plus
- Strong consistency of technical tools (MATLAB, Simulink) and Microsoft Excel
- Availability for international transfers for 30%
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Fot futher info contact Antonietta Palmieri, Talent Partner