Product Quality Specialist
Terranuova Bracciolini (Arezzo), Arezzo, Italy
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a technology leader that is driving the digital transformation of industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB has four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by the ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
ABB Electrical Vehicle Infrastructure is currently seeking an experienced engineer to join our Product Group as a Product Quality Specialist who has in charge product quality performance and reliability. On this role you will be mainly engaged in verification of performance and compliance of the product for electrical vehicle charging to requirements and specification.
You will also apply inspection techniques, measurements, tests and drive corrective actions to improve product performance.
Act with safety, efficiency, quality and productivity to assure that products meet stated requirements. This role is based in our Valdarno, IT facility.
- Perform ongoing reliability test of finished good being responsible for ensuring proper design, use, and disposal, environmental and safety standard;
- Assist with the analysis and communication of customer perceptions to guide the local improvement actions toward greater customer satisfaction;
- Conduct test protocols as assigned to ensure the products and systems that are created by the local organization meet specifications;
- Assist with the creation and implementation of, and ensure conformance with, instructions, guidelines and procedures to drive standardization and consistent execution in delivery of customer requirements;
- Utilize safety systems to perform work, resulting in an accident-free workplace. Notify others when unsafe situations are observed and works with local safety teams to improve the safety systems;
- Trains Operators in basic quality test routines to support quality at-source processes, and verify quality assurance testing performed as a part of the value creation process;
- Assist repair operator, customer quality and service on the troubleshooting of and perform failure analysis to drive continuous improvement of local products;
- Establish and manage corrective actions in both the local production processes and products to drive continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronic, Electrotechnical or Electrical Engineering;
- 2+ years of professional experience in similar role are preferrable;
- Knowledge of manufacturing electrical, electronic and electrotechnical systems, experienced in reading schematics for circuit designs;
- Strong analytical skills, familiar to work approaching with failure analysis methods;
- Experience working with data-driven analytical methodologies for industrial quality applications – especially Statistical Process Control [SPC], Lean Six Sigma, Process Capability (Cp, CpK), and/or Process Performance (Pp, PpK) Analysis;
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal groups (this may be necessary to discuss about defects, changes and influence decisions);
- Good communication skills (written & verbal) in English;
- Strong familiarity with ISO9001. QS9000 and/or IATF 16949 will also be considered as a plus.
More about us
The ABB Electrification business offers a broad portfolio of digital products, solutions and services, from the medium voltage substation to the power supply point for domestic users, enabling safe, intelligent and sustainable electrification. The offer includes innovative and digitally connected solutions for low and medium voltage, including recharging facilities for electric vehicles, photovoltaic inverters, intelligent electrical panels, modular medium voltage substations, building automation.
For further info: Valentina Locatelli, Talent Partner