Dalmine, Bergamo, Italy
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a technology leader that is driving the digital transformation of industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB has four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by the ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
As part of ABB’s Global Electrification Distribution Solutions business (ELDS), our Dalmine based local R&R unit delivers renewal of old LV & MV voltage switchgears and circuit breakers, through the provision of revamping materials for the cubicles and replacement of phased-out equipment with the adapted and interchangeable retrofitting. Our customers are diverse range of industries, including power generation, oil & gas, renewable energy, rail transportation, process industry, minerals processing and mining, naval and marine. You will be tertiary or secondary qualified preferably in electrical engineering, with a minimum of five years of relevant experience in project engineering, including skills in electrical schemes development, engineering solutions, functional and logical solutions for MV & LV cubicles in accordance with contract specifications, scope/time/cost management, commercial negotiations and ability to manage and coordinate the progression of the materials and interactions with Operations and Expediting.
- Evaluate, select and apply standard techniques and procedures to perform engineering assignments. Create work plans and cost estimates in own area of responsibility and ensure quality deliverables on time and within targeted cost. Ensure that engineering activities comply with required safety regulations and contractual requirements.
- Provide SAP data entry codes, to process the materials needed to manufacture/built the part required, scope of the supply to the customer.
- Provide electrical schemes, by study the logics (functional/logic diagrams), apply the standards, implement on the drawings and coordinate the external engineering companies.
- Prepare project documentation within one’s scope of deliverables. Provide quality solutions as per customer requirements and deliver within budget and contract.
- Assist customers on technical issues, interacts with official contacts, contractors and other staff within his/her scope of deliverables. Assist communication pertaining to specific assignments or meetings.
- Report processes and tools inefficiencies and suggests improvements ideas.
- Assist in preparing proposal/presentation of engineering projects/programs (provision of bills of materials, estimated engineering hours, etc.).
- A Master degree in engineering and, at least, 3 years in a similar role.
- Knowledge of Low and Medium Voltage knowledge will be required.
- A good Italian and English knowledge is mandatory.
- Proficiency in dealing with foreign supplier and customers, full professional proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Proficiency in using SW (MS Office package, MS Project, ElettraCad, SAP).
- The ability to organize work, set priorities and communicate effectively with all the various stakeholders during the development of a project.
- The ability to deliver on time and on cost projects of R&R , including study and realization of electrical engineering functional schemes, general drawings and wiring tables.
- The ability to manage multitasking challenges, and work in team, reporting to PM Office manager and to the assigned Project Manager.
More about us
The ABB Electrification business offers a broad portfolio of digital products, solutions and services, from the medium voltage substation to the power supply point for domestic users, enabling safe, intelligent and sustainable electrification. The offer includes innovative and digitally connected solutions for low and medium voltage, including recharging facilities for electric vehicles, photovoltaic inverters, intelligent electrical panels, modular medium voltage substations, building automation.
For further info: Valentina Locatelli, Talent Partner