Buyer – Temporary contract
Genova, Genova, Italy
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a technology leader that is driving the digital transformation of industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB has four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by the ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 144,000 employees. www.abb.com
ABB Data Privacy Statement:
We are looking for a Buyer to join our Motion business, location Genova.
The selected candidate will purchase materials according to required technical specification, price, delivery schedule and terms. He/she will ensure purchasing activities aligned with corporate purchasing policies and procedures.
- Identify new suppliers in cooperation with relevant category team. Qualify new suppliers in cooperation with Supplier Quality and Engineering specialists.
- Negotiate agreements with main suppliers and periodically renew pricelists, terms and conditions.
- Adapt corporate contractual framework to the local business needs. Recommend frame agreements to management and execute upon approval.
- Analyze and evaluate bids in order to determine the optimal value.
- Support bid and proposal teams by providing relevant market information.
- Track goods received to verify appropriate delivery and ensure invoice processing.
- Oversee supplier performance (on time delivery, quality, lead time) and resolve performance issues.
- Initiate purchase orders (PO) in the system, according to the Purchase Requisitions and in alignment with standard procedures, and confirms delivery with suppliers, monitors and tracks supplier performance to purchase order requirements.
- Align supplier orders with customer requirements (based on Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) or Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)/project requirements) in terms of content, quality, delivery, sustainability and price.
- Conduct all Procurement & Logistcs activities for all goods and services in accordance with policies and procedures. Ensure Pro-Supply global supplier relationship management.
- Electric or Electronic Engineering Degree;
- 1/2 years of relevant experience;
- Fluent Italian and English, German language is a plus;
- Good knowledge of SAP;
- Good knowledge of Office Suite;
- Team work skills, ability to make choices, passion.
More about us
ABB's Motion business is the largest supplier of frequency converters and motors at the global level. We provide customers with the complete range of electric motors, generators, frequency converters, mechanical products for power transmission, services and digital solutions integrated on the kinematic chain (digital powertrain). We offer a wide range of automation applications in the transport, infrastructure and discrete and process industries.
For more info please refer to Alessia Albergoni, Talent Acquisition Partner.