Global Product Specialist - Door Entry Systems
Vittuone, Milan, Italy
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a leading global engineering company that energizes the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. By connecting software to its electrification, robotics, automation and motion portfolio, ABB pushes the boundaries of technology to drive performance to new levels. With a history of excellence stretching back more than 130 years, ABB’s success is driven by 144,000 talented employees in over 100 countries. www.abb.com
ABB Data Privacy Statement:
We’re looking for a passionate Global Product Specialist to join the team working on Home and Building Automation Solutions. In our team we inspire to create solutions to simplify, make people's lives more comfortable and safer and allow them to dedicate themselves to things of greater value for them. You will contribute to the product strategy, development, and launch of new solutions that enable customers around the world to enjoy safety and comfort in their homes.
As a member of the Door Entry Systems Product Specialist team, you’ll help define the product experience for both professional electrical installers and end users and you’ll collaborate with a wide range of teams including other product mangers on the Building and Home Automation solutions team, as well as your counterparts across sales, marketing, R&D to just name a few!
- Develop a product roadmap and align on priorities with global marketing and sales, R&D, and project management.
- Use data to define strategy and features that drive both engagement and revenue.
- Write clear product requirements that capture the vision, goals, and key elements of new products and features.
- Communicate product requirements and features across the organization, always representing the voice of the customer.
- Be an expert on the competitive arena and propose new ways to innovate.
- Initiate, coordinate, and review launch activities and deliverables for new features in conjunction with global sales and marketing.
- Bachelor / Master Degree (3-5 years), preferred: Electronic, Mechanical or Business Engi-neering; Economics, Marketing and Management.
- 5+ years of experience in product management of smart products, with at least 2 years on door entry systems, access control or CCTV
- Fluency in English a must together with another European language, German or Italian. Chinese language is a strong plus.
- Availability for travels (domestic and abroad) up to 30% of the time consistently with general safety and travel guidelines.
- Successfully launched new products or features working closely with marketing and sales.
- Proven ability to evaluate new technologies, articulate customer value, learn, and make clear recommendations.
- Expertise in communicating feature definition with R&D.
- Track record of identifying market opportunities and competitive advantages.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and get results with many priorities and under tight timeframes.
- Demonstrated ability to lead through influence.
- Mastery in defining product positioning, and experience working closely with marketing on customer value propositions.
- Leadership through influence, problem solving, team-working, communication, result orientation complete the profile.
More about us
The ABB Electrification business offers a broad portfolio of digital products, solutions and services, from the medium voltage substation to the power supply point for domestic users, enabling safe, intelligent and sustainable electrification. The offer includes innovative and digitally connected solutions for low and medium voltage, including recharging facilities for electric vehicles, photovoltaic inverters, intelligent electrical panels, modular medium voltage substations, building automation.
For further info: Annalisa Menolascina, Talent Partner