Hub HSE Manager - Energy Distribution
Heidelberg, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
For Smart Buildings Division we are looking for a Hub HSE Manager who leads a team of HSE Specialists in the Hub and contribute to improving Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) performance in the respective organization to ensure an exemplary health and safety culture as well as a strong focus on the environment. Supports the business by applying in-depth HSE knowledge to offer solutions and advice. Ensures effective risk management through HSE excellence along ABB’s value chain.
- Report HSE incidents. Feed back on lessons learned and best practice from own unit and across ABB to management and employees. Report on HSE performance and progress on implementation of ABB Group Sustainability objectives and key performance indicators (KPIs) to ABB Group, as required. Apply ABB fair process for all incidents inside the Hub.
- Implement policies and standards. Ensure area of responsibility is audited according to program for audit. Assist line managers and supervisors in understanding obligations, liability and how to fulfil their roles, according to local HSE law and ABB Group policy, instructions and standards. Support compliance with human rights, security and crisis management processes.
- Assess and support HSE organizational set up. skills and competencies development in all units under HUB scope in order to ensure necessary improvement plans and training.
- Facilitate HSE risks assessment by line management involving shop floor employees, i.e. those directly concerned by the hazards, and ensures all processes are implemented.
- Drive behavioral change through implementing Group-wide performance improvement programs and practices locally to ensure an exemplary health and safety culture as well as a strong focus on environment throughout the respective organization. Engage external (e.g. customers, suppliers and other stakeholders) and internal stakeholders in order to report on, raise awareness and gain commitment on ABB's HSE efforts and performance and obtain objective feedback. Cooperate with other functions, the CoE and business partners to drive performance. Share and leverage best practices in the hub to accelerate development plans implementation and maturity level improvement.
- Participate in defining the annual budget for area of responsibility and be accountable for managing performance against agreed financial targets and constraints.
- Ensure appropriate HSE equipment and tools are available and used. Identify, plan and initiate training need, e.g. for employees, site managers, contractors, site managers, and facilitates delivery of support from the CoE. Drive and ensure compliance with Group management systems.
- Contribute to and/or plans and executes Health (and/or) Safety (and/or) Environment performance and Corporate Responsibility related projects. Develop and report on project objectives. Manage project resources such as manpower, financials and other relevant factors.
- Ensure that the area of responsibility is appropriately organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guide, motivate and develop direct/indirect subordinates within HR policies.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Engineering, or related discipline
- Demonstrable experience in HSE
- Well-developed leadership skills and ability to drive change in a matrix organization
- Capacity to lead, motivate, and develop people for the purpose of achieving defined goals inside and outside the team
- Self-leadership with excellent organizational skills, problem solving and a results-oriented approach
- Excellent command of English, both written and spoken
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
For further info: Annalisa Menolascina, Talent Partner.