R&D Testing Engineer
Terranuova Bracciolini, Arezzo, Italy
- Job type
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
For ABB EVI Business located in Terranuova Bracciolini, we are looking for an R&D Testing Engineer. In this role you will be responsible of the full verification and validation product design process as: performances validation, thermal verification, product standard compliance test, reliability test, Software and Hardware integration test, design margin verification.
- Support the HW and SW platform on system integration test to verify the product specification compliance in according to the development plan from the project manager
- The product specifications and design implementation
- Complete list of the design validation reports to discuss with all the team involved in the development process and to confirm the product design based on the specifications
- Be an expert on design experiment, testing set-up, electrical system expert (PES as Italian safety certification)
- Operate on laboratory equipment such as: oscilloscope, datalogger, wattmeter, high power electronics loads and grid simulator
- Operate on Software tools as: python script, C++, Matlab, Simulink, communication protocol analyzer (CAN BUS, Ethernet, cloud systems), labview
- Be updated on big data trends, simulation and identification models, design of experiment, automatic and remote test execution
- Your workflow will be part of ABB gate model development process where you need to coordinate your work with the entire development team
- Collaborate with RnD Mechanics, DSP, HW, FW, project manager, operation (manufacturing, planning, sourcing, quality..) after sale where daily you review the project to meet the business case of the product.
- A Master degree in electronic/electrical engineering with a background in laboratory testing of power electronic application to fit into our RnD global organization
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a medium-high range company focus on products design and production as laboratory testing engineer
- Knowledge of international business environments with a strong skills in products development from concept to mass production
- Experience on product testing for high power applications connected to medium/low voltage grid for battery charging in the range of 10KW-1MW for electrical vehicles
- Good knowledge on HW embedded Linux based is important both for microcontroller and power electronic connected systems
- Knowledge on Electrical schematic of High power/High voltage applications is nice to have
- You are a passionate hand-on person with a lot of flexibility and creativity to accept proactively the daily challenges to provide the best solution
- A creative problem solving skill is your key success factor
- You have to be comfortable in a Start-up mindset inserted in to a global strong company
- Agility and capacity to change direction fast, is the recommended soft skill to drive the success of the
- Team work skills will complete your profile.