SAP Functional Analyst - Finance
Sesto San Giovanni, Milan, Italy
- Job type
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB is seeking a IS Functional Analyst with a background in core Finance processes General Ledger, Account Receivable / Account Payable / Asset accounting / Treasury to support projects and implementations in the countries part of the “Italian cluster”.
- SAP Delivery
- Technical skills: SAP FI module including NewGL, FSCM and integration with CO and other logistic modules. Report painter/writer knowledge, Query design and basic ABAP skills oriented to debugging are required. S/4 Hana implementation experience is a plus
- Collects & analyzes ABB requirements from local Finance functions (mainly Italy/France but also Croatia-Serbia/Greece/Turkey/Spain) and from the Group; requires good knowledge of compliance to Italian Statutory and Fiscal rules and Consolidation processes e.g. USGAAP/IFRS accounting principles
- Provide Functional Specifications to Technical team for any Customized developments; documents all the requirements properly in the specific application; perform internal test and support user’s test if needed
- Understand Finance processes; provide expert advice; design and assist in the development of business process descriptions; have good finance understanding, works directly with the finance team to provide the best solution – this includes managing deliverables as well as managing activities; build strong relationship within the finance team; ensure that timelines are met as defined
- Translate requirements from projects and changes into specifications for internal and external delivery parties; create and maintain the Business Blueprint (BBP - detailed process description and requirements document).
- Guide and monitor task completion, sharing expert knowledge and advice normally without carrying line responsibility; coordinate with other module SAP Consultants for Integration requirements
- Proactively support the installation, management, maintenance and optimization of internal and cross-functional processes related to IS solutions/services
- Create and execute plans for SAP requirements and revise as appropriate to meet changing requirements
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the relevant area of responsibility, contributing technical and business process/data expertise to either support ongoing operations or develop new software
- Support the Application Run Organization in the incident and problem resolution when functional verification is required.
- Be reference for Internal Control/SOX in Finance area
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or Economics or a similar discipline
- Experience above 5 years as SAP FI Functional analysis with at least 2 full SAP project implementation
- Fluent English and Italian both written and spoken
- Availability to travel occasionally to ABB locations
- Communications skills; ability to explain technical information to non-technical people
- Develop strong relationships; team working experience; ability to work independently and instruct other professionals
- Encourage inputs from other teams into own objectives
- Participate in teams outside own area when required
- Ability to think independently to challenge traditional solutions
- Analytical and Problem-Solving attitude\Ability to work under pressure and to prioritize workload
- Flexibility to adapt to continuous changing requirements and environments
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
• Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology
• Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment
• Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills
• Get private medical care (including offers for family members)
• Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits
• Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities
For further info: Valentina Locatelli, Talent Partner
ABB Data Privacy Statement: