Senior Commissioning Engineer, Kuwait
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Medical insurance
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Power Grids business delivers products, systems, service and software solutions as part of its comprehensive power and automation offering for the grid across the power value chain - serving utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers.
You will be working as a Senior Commissioning Engineer will be a part of the Power Grids Business and Grid Automation Business Line based in Kuwait. Reporting to the Commissioning Manager, you will also be responsible to state of the Art substation Automation Systems Testing and Commissioning for various projects. with extensive knowledge of ABB RTU’S. Act as the responsible commissioning engineer overseeing the installation and commissioning of Substation Automation systems for assignments classified as medium commissioning complexity. Manage completion of all commissioning activities efficiently and cost-effectively and in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards, and safety requirements.
- Representing the commissioning function at project meetings and design review meetings. Contributing to creation of the project commissioning philosophy. Managing implementation of the project commissioning philosophy.
- Managing Implementation of commissioning design changes and the production of as built project documentation. Supporting continuous improvement of project process and product and system design via provision of lessons learned feedback.
- Supporting project managers in issuing claims. Creating work plans for work in own area of responsibility and proactively manage this work to deliver the agreed program on time, on quality and at targeted cost.
- Conducting risk and opportunity assessments in real time during the commissioning phase to ensure safe implementation of the commissioning philosophy and identification of potential variation requests to support contract claims. Report early any contract or quality or program or cost issues to management, along with recommendations for resolution.
- Acting as the ABB lead for commissioning activities on a project. Ensuring that ABB is presented as a professional organization in all interactions with the customer. Interfacing with customers and external providers for approval of plant acceptance criteria, open issues closure and performance tests. Coordinating site activities focused on finalizing customer acceptance certification.
- Managing external organizations providing Commissioning with equipment, systems or services.
- Creating standard processes and tools. Uses agreed processes and procedures to ensure that all commissioning activities comply with the required safety regulations and satisfy contractual requirements.
- Preparing project documentation for SAT, obtain approvals from utilities for commissioning activities of RTU and SAS Systems. Knowledge and experience of third party product and systems.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 to 8 years of experience as a Commissioning Engineer of RTU or SAS system and its products and 4 to 5 years of experience in IEC 61850.
- Good communication and presentation skills and required high customer orientation.
- Required good knowledge of Substation automation systems and different communication Protocols. In-depth product knowledge of ABB and competitor’s. Working knowledge and understanding of GRS system on various protocol i.e., IEC101, IEC104.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.