Project Lead Engineer- Automation & Control System
Casablanca, Chaouia-Ouardigha, Morocco
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The ABB's Process Industries team engineers and delivers automation solutions from device to monitoring and control, ensuring our customers get the most out of their investment. Our digitalization solutions help improve plant and enterprise productivity, while reducing maintenance and energy costs. Deep domain knowledge enables us to truly understand and address the challenges and opportunities of Industrial Automation.
You will be working as a Project Lead Engineer and will be the part of Industrial Automation business for process industries business line based in Casablanca Morocco. In this role you will be reporting to Sales Manager and will be responsible for performing direct marketing and sales activities, maintaining and developing sales in accordance with agreed business plans.
- Engineering development: Leading all engineering discipline, evaluating, selecting and applying standard techniques, procedures and criteria to perform task or sequence of tasks, for conventional projects with few complex features. Executing assignments using established solutions.
- Authorization: Acting as a design authority for an engineering discipline and completing engineering assignments for that discipline.
- Construction support: Collaborating on project installation, commissioning and site activities, clarifying potential issues or providing solutions to correct engineering errors, providing technical support to commissioning and start-up activities.
- Sales support: Assisting in creating proposals for projects through coordination of proposal documents and engineering estimates, assisting in performing engineering risk analysis before submitting proposal.
- Contract management: Supporting contract manager in issuing claims (new scope of work, cost impact, time impact, risk quantifications.
- Risk and opportunity management: Evaluating risks and opportunities, strategizing mitigation of one’s engineering projects or programs. Supporting the Project Manager in overall project risk and opportunity assessments and implementation of resulting actions. Identifying opportunities for repeating and new businesses.
- Supply chain management: Overseeing the creation of subcontracts and manages subcontractors jointly with other involved functions, including supply chain management.
- Processes and tools: Utilizing standard processes, tools and techniques. Ensuring that engineering activities comply with required safety regulations and contractual requirements.
- People leadership and development: Leading, supervising and coordinating teams in all engineering disciplines (both in-house and outsourced) on low complexity projects, leading single or multi-discipline engineering teams of less than 5 resources.
- Safety and Integrity: Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, or Mechatronic engineering.
- Minimum 5 to 8 years of experience in automation field.
- Required experience in automation and electrification systems projects execution.
- Expertise in Cement, metal, mining or P&P applications along with the working experience on 800XA Control System.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in both English & French language is required.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
If you are interested to join our team, apply directly on website with your ENGLISH RESUME. In case you have inquiries or face difficulties in applying, contact us at MAfirstname.lastname@example.org. No CVs allowed on emails