Country Legal & Integrity Counsel
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
In this role you will be leading the function for ABB, applying the global strategy for the functional area and acting as a Country Authority under the supervision of MEA General counsel for French-speaking African countries (Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Mali, Niger, Senegal, Congo, Gabon, Madagascar, Reunion). You will be advising the local management on all legal and integrity issues relating to the area of responsibility.
You will be reporting to General counsel (Legal & Integrity) Middle East and Africa.
- Providing legal advice and counsel to ABB management and overseeing all dispute and litigation matters. Acting as advisor to the country managers as well as to the other country teams (business and functions).
- Reviewing, negotiating and drafting commercial agreements and other contractual terms in collaboration with relevant business managers, contract management (including construction-related claims / disputes).
- Monitoring legal affairs, including but not limited to litigations and activity reports and organizing regular meetings with the country teams.
- Ensuring good corporate governance in the area of accountability in the Country (structuring, drafting and negotiation) regarding mergers & acquisitions/divestiture transactions (leadership or key role), managing implementation of the Code of Conduct and on-going integrity training as well as investigation and resolution of any integrity issues that arise.
- Implementing new or updated company directives/guidelines based on local legislation and directives. Contributing to the development of ABB Group legal and integrity strategy, policies and programs.
- Ensuring both local and group legal directives and instructions are implemented in area of responsibility and monitoring on-going integrity. Ensuring legal and integrity training is carried out for employees in the business.
- Monitoring Intellectual Property (trademarks and patents), taking advice and guidance if necessary, from external lawyers and working with colleagues within the IP function.
- Managing, liaising with and overseeing use of external service providers, including external counsel with the support of MEA general counsel.
- Participating in defining the annual budget for area of responsibility and is accountable for managing performance against agreed financial targets and constraints with the support of MEA general counsel.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- University degree in law from a leading University, further legal qualifications will be a bonus.
- 8-10 years PQE (Post-Qualified Experience) at an industrial company or a reputable law firm.
- French language is a mandatory requirement.
- Earlier experience in similar industries including operational experience in ethics & compliance and governance – corporate matters.
- Extensive experience in contract negotiation / contract management / commercial matters.
- Experience in North Africa.
- High personal standards of ethics and integrity, independence of judgement
- Communication and negotiation skills, able to build relationships with key stakeholders, whilst maintaining an independent position.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day.
Corporate Talent Team, ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd
Let’s write the future. Together.
We reserve the right to withdraw this posting at any time