Service Desk Specialist
Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility, industry, transport and infrastructure customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. ABB's portfolio includes some of the most advanced power and productivity products and systems in the world. To help us work more efficiently, you have to understand what we do and how we do it, in addition to the power and potential of information technology. We are seeking a Service Desk Specialist to join our team in Malaysia. The Service Desk Specialist is an important member of the ABB Cloud Services 24 x 7 Global Support Team. You will respond to all customer raised service requests and incidents within service level agreements and key performance indicators, while providing an effective and courteous service to the benefit of our Customers and ABB as a Business.
Reporting to the Enterprise Software Service Desk Manager, your key areas of responsibility will include, but are not limited to:
• Attend customer requests like desktop support and application requests in a timely manner and within SLA and KPA
• Ensure that all interactions with customers are pleasant and professional, while following ABB standard call and ticket handling procedure
• Ensure an accurate report of the resolution is documented in the call history including knowledge articles or technical documenters used in the resolution
• Maintain a professional level of knowledge on information technology issues in a dynamic environment
• Demonstrate self-motivation in managing self-training initiatives
• Understand network protocols and exposure to Wide Area Networks
Key requirements include:
• Bachelor’s degree in Commerce/Business Information Systems/Information Technology/Computer Science/Engineering
• Experience in Microsoft BackOffice Products (SQL, Exchange & SMS), Citrix Metaframe and Windows TSE
• Basic experience with LAN/WAN and hardware infrastructure
• Certification to the latest major releases of MS products (e.g., Windows 7 & 8), knowledge of major vendor server, hardware and equipment break fix methodology
• Working knowledge of security management including but not limited to firewall configuration and RSA tokens
Candidates applying for this role should be a fast learner, flexible, self-motivated and able to work independently.
More about us
You will be rewarded with a great team environment, competitive salary, training, career development and much more. If you are interested in this challenging role, we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.