Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility, industry, transport and infrastructure customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact.
We are seeking a Design Engineer to join our team in Malaysia who will be responsible to create and modify the standard designs of low and medium voltage switchgear systems, including standard specifications for manufacturing, fabrication or construction for assignments classified as low to medium complexity by applying standard design concepts.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, your key areas of responsibility will include, but are not limited to:
• Design engineering solutions, drawings and calculations; contribute to design reviews and verification, modify design as necessary
• Identify variation requests to support contract claims
• Follow work plans and cost estimates for work in one’s area of responsibility and ensure quality deliverables on time and at targeted cost
• Complete risk and opportunity assessments and implement resulting actions. Attend project meetings and present specific aspects of design assignments
• Collaborate with the supply chain function, review vendor documentation, prepare RFQs, provide design related evaluation of proposals for standard materials and equipment
• Assist in communication with customer pertaining to specific project design assignments or meetings
• Use standard processes and tools, assist in developing new processes for reuse of technical solutions
Key requirements include:
• Degree in Electrical Engineering
• 2 plus years of work experience in engineering or manufacturing environment
• Possess good analytical and communication skills
Candidates applying for this role should be independent, result oriented, self-driven, resourceful and organized.
More about us
You will be rewarded with a great team environment, competitive salary, training, career development and much more. If you are interested in this challenging role, we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.