Senior Application Administrator
Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
ABB is a pioneering technology leader that works closely with utility, industry, transport and infrastructure customers in roughly 100 countries. With more than four decades at the forefront of digital technologies, we are a leader in digitally connected and enabled industrial equipment and systems with an installed base of more than 70,000 control systems connecting 70 million devices.
We are seeking a Senior Application Administrator to join our team in Malaysia who will be responsible to ensure the availability and functionality of Axis environments and applications for customers and internal eBusiness teams. The primary focus is to ensure customer service in relation to implementing, managing, operating and supporting the Axis service, applications and associated infrastructure for related incidents and service requests with a key objective on the resolution.
Reporting to the eBusiness Support and Operations Manager, your key areas of responsibility will include, but are not limited to:
• Monitor, support and troubleshoot implementation of the Axis production environment
• Interpret XML/EDI, develop and maintain support tools and procedures
• Maintain user documentation in accordance with the relevant ABB methodologies
• Perform quality control, verification and validation activities
• Ensure the availability of managed eBusiness applications for use within regular customer and operational KPI adherence reviews
• Review and analyse complex issues and determine action plans relating to the eBusiness activities
• Responsible for effective and timely delivery of services
• Evaluate root cause of incidents and instigate actions to correct both the incident and the underlying cause
• Assist in review and maintenance of technical standards and policies
• Maintain the documentation and processes for administration and support
• Ensure all activities are in line with the cloud services business direction
• Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
• Degree in Information Technology, Business/Commerce with a focus on application architecture or IT systems
• Minimum 6 years of experience in Java/J2EE development, XML and EDI standards, Internet and web technologies, software development methods, SQL programming
• Experience in source code management tools and procedures
• Capacity to work with formal support documentation (user requirements, functional design, technical specifications, user guide, etc.
• ITIL certification at foundation level
• Experience in JBoss application server, SQL programming language
• 2 to 3 years’ experience in an IT Service Delivery role with an understanding of ITIL framework
Candidates applying for the role must have good communication skills and be flexible to adapt to changing environment.
More about us
You will be rewarded with a great team environment, competitive salary, training, career development and much more. If you are interested in this challenging role, we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.