Project Engineer - Service
Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The quality and innovation of the engineering in our products, systems and service offerings keeps our customers ahead. Developing solutions for our customers all over the world and working on our market-leading technologies will challenge and enrich your work and your mind.
You will be the Project Engineer for services diverse engineering projects in Electrification Products in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Reporting to the Associate Project Manager, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of assigned project deliverables on time, within budget and in line with relevant quality and safety guidelines.
- Defines, jointly with project controls department, all project plan documents, including scope and financial plans, schedule and risk management plan.
- Effectively monitor and control projects progress and efficient resource utilization. Monitor and controls project financials.
- Ensuring that project is formally closed out, as contractually agreed. Drives the formal acceptance of the project, contract close-out and its acknowledgement by the customer.
- Creating and delivering the scope-specific work plan and budget as well as risk assessments as it pertains to your engineering discipline.
- Ensuring that the project consistently applies contract and claims management, in accordance with ABB policies and contractual agreements.
- Coordinating with Supply Chain Management and successfully procures required services, materials and equipment for the project from external and internal suppliers.
- Providing the cost-effective execution of project deliverables in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards, schedule and safety requirements.
- Maintaining and enhancing customer satisfaction by providing excellent service at all stages of the project.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering or similar field.
- More than 2 years of experience in Project Engineering.
- Sound knowledge of engineering techniques, processes and tools.
- Strong commitment to safe work practices and dedication to following all relevant workplace safety guidelines.
- A high level of self-motivation, curiosity and desire to learn about new technologies.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you continue to collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.