Finance specialist General Accounting 1 year contract
Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
One of the reasons for ABB’s success is our rigorous and forward thinking Finance function. With more than 3,600 people in over 100 countries, the integrated Finance organization delivers the insights we need to make successful, long-term business decisions.
You will be a vital member of the finance team within the Power Grids business in Malaysia. Reporting to the Finance Team Lead, you will provide key support to the business, applying relevant accounting techniques and standards to identify and resolve issues.
- Supporting and preparing the financial reports by executing accurate and timely completion of accounting activities in
- compliance with internal guidelines and procedures and external regulatory requirements.
- Performing month end close accounting activities including preparation of journal entries, reporting package.
- Preparing balance sheet account reconciliation and calculation and recording of monthly entries as necessary.
- Ensuring financial reporting in compliance to US GAAP and Local GAAP.
- Executing accounting analyses and reports in support of finance and business leaders.
- Preparing reports, statement of accounts, reconciliations, statements of sourcing and application of funds to assist in
- financial decision making.
- Participating in internal control testing and the preparation of required documentation.
- Responsible for assets /inventory management including annual physical count.
- Performing financial analysis of accounts and supporting credit management review.
- Contributing to timely and efficiency communication with all relevant stakeholders to identify and discuss issues,
- suggestions for improvement of operations, work quality and efficiency.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for
- your colleagues, and the business.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- More than 4 years of experience in financial accounting and local certified accountant.
- Working experience in Big 4 external audit firm will be beneficial.
- Strong communication skills with fluency in English, Chinese and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Outstanding attention to detail, accuracy, and ability to multitask.
- Strong knowledge of SAP, Microsoft Office Suite.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.