Technical Service Specialist
Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
From rapid response and performance improvement to operational efficiency and life-cycle management, Service is one of our fastest-growing areas.
ABB Electrification - Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
You as a Service Specialist will deliver the Technical Service’s to ABB customers within the Electrification business in Malaysia. Reporting to the Service Operation Manager, you will also act as the point of contact between customers and extended ABB teams.
- Providing on-site or remote technical support for specify, eg, installation and commissioning, maintenance, repairs, engineering and consulting, advanced services, extensions, upgrades and retrofits, end-of-life services, replacements.
- Consulting with and advising customers on the best service solutions in accordance with standard processes, procedures and safety guidelines.
- Creating and maintaining strong relationships with customers, understanding their needs and providing specialist support and solutions.
- Coordinating and executing specialist projects through planning, meeting milestones and regular reviews.
- Identifying opportunities for the development of new service applications, equipment and methods.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or Equivalent.
- More than 2 years of experience, working as Service Specialist with electrification products.
- Sound knowledge Electrification products market.
- Knowledge of MS Office.
- Proven ability to identify and resolve technical issues.
- Demonstrated experience in customer service, with the ability to understand and prioritize customer needs.
- Strong commitment to safe work practices and dedication to following all relevant workplace safety guidelines.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.