Finance Specialist - General Accounting
Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
One of the reasons for ABB’s success is our rigorous and forward-thinking Finance function. With more than 3,600 people in over 100 countries, the integrated Finance organization delivers the insights we need to make successful, long-term business decisions.
Finance Specialist – General Accounting, you will be part of the Finance Business Line (BL), based in Malaysia. ABB is World’s No.1 in Power Products Business and the product manufactured becomes the key components to transmit and distribute electricity. The division incorporates ABB’s manufacturing network for Transformers, Switchgear, Circuit Breakers, Cables and associated equipment. It also offers all the services needed to ensure products’ performance and extend their lifespan.
You will be a vital member of the finance team within the Business Function Finance Business Line (BL) in Malaysia /South East Asia Region. Reporting to the GBS Front Office Manager, you will be responsible for end to end knowledge and skills from trial balance to reporting activities. You will be supporting overall financial statement preparation by executing accurate and timely completion of accounting activities in compliance.
- Performing month end close accounting activities including preparation of journal entries, reporting package.
- Preparing balance sheet account reconciliation and calculation, recording of monthly entries as necessary.
- Ensuring financial reporting is compliance to US GAAP and Local GAAP.
- Reviewing and ensuring compliance of financial master data.
- Managing inter - company reporting to ensure mis match resolve.
- Responsible for assets and inventory management including annual physical count.
- Supporting local transaction tax matters and prepare local tax reporting for timely submission.
- Performing financial analysis of accounts.
- Coordinating external /internal audit and prepare annual audited financial statements.
- Working closely with GBS HUB Bangalore to resolve month end closing matters and improvement process.
- Implementing effective internal control process and procedures for record to report (R2R) locally.
- Assisting other ad-hoc duties as assigned.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for
- your colleagues, and the business.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting /Accountancy/Business.
- More than 4-8 years relevant experience in financial accounting and local certified accountant.
- Working experience in Big 4 external audit firm will be beneficial.
- Independent and able to meet tight deadline.
- Outstanding attention to detail, accuracy, and ability to multitask.
- Demonstrate a high level of ownership and accountability.
- Fluent in language English and Chinese.
- Must have strong knowledge of SAP, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.