Service Desk Operations Specialist - Axis
Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Power Grids business offers power and automation products, systems, service and software solutions across the generation, transmission and distribution value chain.
ABB's Grid Automation team provide the most complete digital portfolio in the industry, offering our customers with end-to-end solutions. Combining our products with our exceptional expertise allows us to provide innovative solutions to energize the digital grid.
The Mission of ABB’s Customer Experience Organization is to Support our Customer’s Mission Critical Systems by providing superior Quality of Services.
The focus of the role is serving as the primary point of contact for monitoring / owning incidents, addressing user requests/questions and providing a communications channel between other service management functions.
In addition to these core functions, the role will include implementing, managing, operating and supporting the Axis service.
- Attend to all customer ITO requests including desktop support and application requests in a timely manner and within SLA and KPI time frames
- Maintain a professional level of knowledge of information technology issues in a dynamic environment
- Monitor, support and troubleshoot implementations within the Axis service Daily monitoring of the Axis Production environment and administration of Axis servers
- Performance of quality control/Verification and Validation (V&V) activities
- Participate in and give feedback to contribute to the defined training plans. Demonstrate self-motivation in managing self-training initiatives (self-study)
- Make significant contribution to continuous improvement of designated Customer Experience processes as they relate specifically to the global support
- Coach all intermediate and junior associates accordingly by constantly helping and performing random checks of their work to ensure consistency across the team
- Build professional relationships with all stakeholders and develop a positive reputation for all Global Support internal to ABB and externally
- Review and analyses complex issues and determine action plans relating to the eBusiness services
- Provide Level 1\2 support for the hosted Axis environment and application
- Assist in the review and maintenance of technical standards and policies
- Establishing and executing regular audit plans
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Degree qualified in Information Technology, Business or Commerce with a focus on Application Architecture or IT Systems.
- Minimum experience of 1.5 - 3 years’ experience in an IT Service & Support role
- Strong customer communication skills for understanding technical problems and clearly explaining solutions
- Knowledge and commitment to adhere to security policies and procedures
- Sound understanding of network protocols particularly TCP/IP and exposure to Wide Area Networks
- Sound Microsoft Systems/desktop administration/management skills.
- Strong level of analysis/troubleshooting skill in Windows 7 and 10
- Microsoft BackOffice Products (SQL, Exchange & SMS), Citrix Metaframe and Windows TSE
- Basic experience with LAN⁄WAN and hardware infrastructure
- Certification to the latest major releases of MS products (e.g., Windows 7 & 10) Knowledge of major vendor server, hardware and equipment break fix methodology
- Working knowledge of security management including but not limited to firewall configuration and RSA tokens
- Development of B2B applications
- Good knowledge in: - Java/J2EE development, Internet and web technologies, XML, EDI and SQL Programming
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.