Senior Project Engineer
Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
- Job type
- Life insurance
- Flexible work practices
- Medical insurance
- Parental leave
- Sick pay
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The quality and innovation of the engineering in our products, systems and service offerings keeps our customers ahead. Developing solutions for our customers all over the world and working on profitable our market-leading technologies will challenge and enrich your work and your mind.
ABB Energy Industries drives growth for customers while supporting safe, efficient and operations with strong global execution capacity, an extensive service footprint and capabilities, and innovative digital leadership.
Reporting to Engineering Manager – Electrical, You will be the technical design engineer for Electrical integration solutions, including Power System Study, HV and LV switchgear, Transformers, control and protection systems, and auxiliary systems for Oil & Gas industry. you will drive excellence by ensuring that engineering activities are efficiently and cost-effectively executed in accordance with customer expectations, contract specifications, quality standards and safety requirements.
- Ensuring the Power System Study including Load flow / Short circuit calculation / Transient stability study / Harmonic study / Protection & relay coordination and Relay settings.
- Working closely with customers to produce overall single Line diagram as per project specification / class / regulations / customer requirement.
- Conducting technical review / schedule follow up during detailed engineering, procurement and assembly of sub-vendor equipment.
- Responsible for equipment sizing, technical specification / schedule planning for vendor purchase order.
- Interacting with the project team members from other business lines (project management, finance, scheduling, documentation, construction, installation and commissioning, etc.).
- Developing inspection and test plan for the commissioning activities.
- Planning, organizing, executing and managing site commissioning activities to ensure the execution of work in compliance with the quality, budget and schedule requirements.
- Issuing of the follow-up and closing of deviation reports.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field.
- More than 8 years working for Electrical composite projects.
- Prior experience in working on FPSO & Ehouse projects would be advantageous
- Familiar IEC standard, DNV, ABS class requirement.
- Strong commitment to safe work practices and dedication to following all relevant workplace safety guidelines.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, with a collaborative, solutions-oriented approach.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you continue to collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.