Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The quality and innovation of the engineering in our products, systems and service offerings keeps our customers ahead. Developing solutions for our customers all over the world and working on our market-leading technologies will challenge and enrich your work and your mind.
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
You will create and modify the standard designs of low voltage and medium voltage switchgear systems, including standard specifications for manufacturing, fabrication or construction for assignments classified as low to medium complexity by applying standard design concepts in Kuala Lumpur; Malaysia. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will Design engineering solutions, including drawings and calculations according to specification.
- Contributing to design reviews and design verification, modifying design as necessary.
- Following work plans and cost estimates for work in one’s area of responsibility and ensuring quality deliverables on time and at targeted cost.
- Completing risk and opportunity assessments and the implementation of resulting actions in one’s area of responsibility. Reporting any contract/quality/program/cost issues to management for resolution.
- Attending project meetings and presents specific aspects of design assignments.
- Collaborating with the supply chain function, reviewing vendor documentation, preparing RFQs, providing design related evaluation of proposals for standard materials and equipment.
- Assisting in communication with customer pertaining to specific project design assignments or meetings.
- Using standard processes and tools, assisting in developing new processes and tools for reuse of technical solutions.
- Providing support and direction for entry level team members, which may include trainees and interns.
- Ensuring model safe work behaviors in all aspects of work and actively identify hazards and risk controls
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A degree in Electrical Engineering with 1+ years of experience in an engineering or manufacturing environment.
- Good knowledge of electrical Design software such as Eplan, Promis-E, AutoCAD, etc), Proficient with MS Word, Excel; Demonstrated Negotiation skills
- Drive to exceed goals & improve business practices for higher performance levels
- Intercultural sensitivity and effectiveness - function well across cultures
- Actively demonstrate teamwork & collaboration
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.