Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
For our Marketing, Sales and Product Management team, understanding the full potential of our technology and the trends in our markets is highly rewarding. In addition, helping customers all over the world improve efficiency, save resources and reduce emissions gives our work a powerful sense of purpose.
ABB’s Electrification business is a leading provider of a full range of protection, control and measurement solutions - enabling safer and smarter electricity flow from substation to the point of consumption. We deliver products and systems designed to connect, protect and control electrical systems, ensuring reliability, efficiency and safety for equipment and personnel.
You will sell company products and systems within a designated geographic area or customer segment in accordance with strategy. Develop and maintain new sales opportunities and customer relationships and manage resolution to specific customer problems. Partner with Local Business Line team for assigned customers, and work with external agents in order to maximize profits, in Electrification, in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Reporting to the Senior Manager, you will lead and coach the local sales organization to meet ambitious targets and exceed customer expectations.
- Selling products and systems to customers, focusing on volume, mix and profitability target for all Local PGs or Local BUs.
- Establishing and maintaining effective customer relationships to understand customer needs, promote customer understanding of full product offering, and align to provide a solution.
- Preparing sales plans using company tool. Performing regular status reviews and proposes recovery plan(s) in cases of potential order shortfalls.
- Ensuring efficient marketing communication to external customers (both current and prospects) and communicating the value proposition of the offer to the end customers
- Contributing to the development of new market opportunities in the designated territory supporting other sales professionals.
- Preparing offers in coordination with the bid and proposal department and/or the Marketing
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with commercial experience is preferred
- 2+ year of experience in Sales or Business Development in a Low or Medium Voltage products will be an added advantage.
- Experience in managing and leading a team of sales staff. Deep knowledge and understanding to the electrical engineering industry
- Estimating and tendering experience (SAP & MS Excel based system)
- Computer literacy and competent in using SAP (preferable), MS Word, MS Excel and MS Project are essential
- Experience in financial reporting and will be comfortable tracking costs. Exceptional communication skills
- Critical consulting skills in bid-no bid issues
- Exceptional communication and negotiating skills, customer-focused mindset and a professional, “can-do” attitude.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.