Administration & Executive Assistance
Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Power Grids business offers power and automation products, systems, service and software solutions across the generation, transmission and distribution value chain.
For our Marketing, Sales and Product Management team, understanding the full potential of our technology and the trends in our markets is highly rewarding. In addition, helping customers all over the world improve efficiency, save resources and reduce emissions gives our work a powerful sense of purpose.
Provides general administrative and clerical services on department/program/ local Business Unit level. Prepares documentation/databases and assists in researching, compiling, proof-reading and editing reports, presentations, organization charts, correspondence, etc.
- Answers telephone enquiries and deals with both incoming and outgoing correspondence on behalf of the department.
- Implements ABB processes and engages with other team members in continuous improvement of processes and procedures to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintain records/databases/filing systems/archives, in electronic and/or hard copy format.
- Performs general administrative activities and provides back-up support for others in case of sickness/absence/workload.
- Take lead on office needs eg reception and general office maintenance
- Be the reference point for all company activities and coordinate with all parties to secure efficacy and compliance to company practices, policies & company requirements
- Assist the Country Management Team whenever necessary with secretarial & administration activities
- Ensure data and documents of employees are in order.
- Assist in some payroll activities i.e. analyze & validate allowances
- Be the reference point for all on site activities i.e. in-house training/events
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Obtained relevant education qualification with at least 5 years relevant work experience in secretarial and administration
- Deep knowledge of administrative services and the organization processes.
- Works independently. Internal & external coordination
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to priorities important tasks
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills both verbal and written
- Demonstrate good level of resourcefulness paying attention to details
- Have extensive exposure using Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.