Bids & Proposal Manager
Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
For our Marketing, Sales and Product Management team, understanding the full potential of our technology and the trends in our markets is highly rewarding. In addition, helping customers all over the world improve efficiency, save resources and reduce emissions gives our work a powerful sense of purpose.
ABB Energy Industries drives growth for customers while supporting safe, efficient and profitable operations with strong global execution capacity, an extensive service footprint and capabilities, and innovative digital leadership.
You will adapt and implement sales support strategy in Industrial Automation business area for designated in accordance with the local/hub support strategy in Subang Jaya; Malaysia and will ensure technical and commercial support for internal and external customers. Over-see estimations and bids and proposals ensuring alignment with ABB standards and targets. Proactively lead, develop and coach the Sales Support team. Reporting to Sales Manager you will be responsible for driving the electrification and e-house portfolio of the business.
- Creating, implementing and reviewing local sales support strategy.
- Defining key targets and ensuring these are achieved for the customer support. Lead the virtual team to prepare technical & commercial solutions for electrification & e-house.
- Supporting the local Sales organization/ customers in determining the most technically appropriate and cost-effective solutions and in the preparation of demanding offers, providing technical support during the technical meeting, product presentations and negotiations and offers product/ solution/service-related training.
- Overseeing the preparation of proposals through internal and external resources and ensuring all proposals follow relevant ABB procedures and guidelines as well as legal requirements.
- Ensuring most competitive offers taking into account the market situation and customer’s conditions. Identifying which approach (e.g. direct sales, consortium, or channel) can be applied to better serve the customer.
- Overseeing the validation of terms and conditions (commercial, technical, legal, pricing) in each offer.
- Assigning and allocating internal and external resources for technical and commercial support and proposal preparation.
- Supporting bid/no bid analyses and decisions. Participates in project risk review processes.
- Ensuring support to the Sales organizations during the technical meetings, product presentations and negotiations with customers and provides technical support and clarification as needed.
- Ensuring (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Coaches, motivates and develops direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies. Drives and ensures know-how sharing and cross-collaboration.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Diploma or Degree in Electrical engineering and basic electrical design.
- Pricing and negotiation with electrical subcontractors and vendors, manage a small team.
- 5-10years experience in electrical engineering and/or commercial & pricing.
- Good command of English required.
- Good knowledge with relevant industry.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.