Support Engineer (Remote) Service
Rijswijk, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
ABB is a pioneering technology leader that works closely with utility, industry, transport and infrastructure customers in roughly 100 countries. Each year we dedicate around $1.5 billion to fund research and development activities driven by our 7,900 technologists in our four divisions and seven corporate research centers.
Maintaining our position as one of the world’s leading engineering companies requires technology leadership, global presence, application knowledge and strong local expertise.
We create and support a comprehensive range of products, systems and services that increase energy efficiency, reliability and productivity for our industrial, utility and infrastructure customers.
Within ABB the product group Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure (EVCI) lays the foundations for a future of smarter, reliable, and emission-free mobility, accessible by everyone, everywhere.
ABB offers a total solution from compact, high quality AC wallboxes, reliable DC fast charging stations with robust connectivity, to innovative on-demand electric bus charging systems, we deploy infrastructure that meet the needs of the next generation of smarter mobility.
ABB Ability™ connected chargers enable fast global service and pro-active maintenance. ABB is market leader and has years of experience in creating, installing and maintaining charging infrastructure, including several nationwide charger networks.
For the global support center in Rijswijk we are looking for:
Support Engineer (Remote) Service
- You are responsible for the second line service on our fast chargers. You offer remote support to our local service teams around the world.
- You assist local teams and suppliers with the installation and commissioning of our chargers.
- You offer advice on complex electrical or mechanical problems based on data obtained from our service systems connected to the chargers via the cloud.
- You inform the local service teams about solutions. In addition, you keep a close eye on the rollout and future performance of the charger.
- Based on your experience with our products, you write instructions and manuals to inform and train our local service staff.
- In the case of complicated problems, you go into the field yourself to solve remaining problems.
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree in a technical field, for example Electrical Engineering, Electromechanics or IT.
- You have experience in maintaining and / or designing electromechanical installations.
- Affinity and knowledge of Linux-based installations and software is an advantage.
- You are able to work independently and proactively.
- You are solution-oriented and like to find sustainable solutions based on indirect evidence.
- You are eager to learn and you are prepared to develop technical skills within this area.
- You are capable of working in multidisciplinary teams, and you have excellent knowledge of the English language both orally and in writing. Preferably also knowledge of Dutch.
More about us
We offer a varied job in an internationally oriented company which holds great importance to the development of its employees, quality and safety. The product group EVCI is a dynamic and growing environment where there are plenty of opportunities to develop yourself. Of course we offer you a competitive and attractive package of employment conditions.
Register your CV and apply online via www.abb.nl by clicking on 'Careers'.