Data Privacy Officer
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a pioneering, technological leader with an extensive range for the digital industry. With more than 130 years of experience in innovation, ABB is today the digital pioneer with 4 customer-oriented, world-leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion and Robotics & Discrete automation, supported by the ABB AbilityTM digital platform. ABB's business Power Grids, market leader, will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB is active in more than 100 countries with around 147,000 employees.
The Power Grids (PG) business, is one of the largest suppliers of products and systems for the transmission and distribution of electric energy. This division is active in the following segments: energy generation, energy transmission & distribution, wind energy and water & infrastructure. It is also active in the process industry with a wide range of products, systems and services in the fields of medium and high voltage, transformers, automation and safety technology.
Within this business in Zaventem, we are currently looking for a:
Data Privacy Officer
In this role you will be globally responsibility for all data privacy activities of the Power Grids Business including ensuring implementation, monitoring and reviewing all applicable laws, regulations and policies regarding data privacy. Guiding and counseling Power Grids stakeholders to ensure comprehension and coordination of the necessary internal and external data protection measures.
You will be leading Power Grids’ Global Data Protections Initiative to ensure the certification of and ongoing compliance with the EU Binding Corporate Rules and adoption of and ongoing compliance with the EU GDPR. Managing and controlling of all data protection policies and instructions and regulatory measures. Promoting the Power Grids’ public image and preventing financial or reputational damage from a data protection perspective. Advising and representing the Power Grids Business’ interests regarding data protection matters.
- Serving as data privacy officer for global Power Grids data protection matters.
- Personally accountable for the coordination of all activities relating to data protection for all legal entities, units and organizations of Power Grids globally.
- Monitoring of applicable laws, regulations and policies.
- Identifying of need for action as well as elaboration and advancement, development, implementation and maintenance of data privacy strategy, standards, directives, policies, procedures and standard contract provisions.
- Providing strategic data privacy advice to meet strategic goals and to protect business reputation and interests and ensuring compliance with relevant laws, regulations, directives and policies.
- Liaising with cross-functional cybersecurity incident response team in matters concerning data privacy. Prepares for and responds to cybersecurity incidents concerning data privacy, including providing legal advice concerning impact analysis, response, and communications.
- Responsible for advising on, drafting, and negotiating data protection provisions in complex commercial transactions.
- Manage outside counsel.
- Your role will be very challenging as there are many ongoing changes with lots of complexity in a dynamic and rapidly evolving area as law with multi-jurisdictional differences.
- Thanks to your commitment in development of pragmatic and effective standards, directives, policies, and procedures suited to business needs and constraints you will be optimizing and standardizing the standards, directives, policies, and procedures.
- Also building awareness for the increasing influence and impact of data protection/privacy laws, regulations and policies, including but not limited to EU data privacy regulations, will be one of your challenges.
- What makes you successful in overcoming all the challenges is responding real-time to dynamic and rapidly developing cybersecurity incidents concerning data privacy matters as well as your understanding and handling the complexity of the Business organization.
- Academic qualification preferably in law (alternatively in information technology)
- Minimum 10 years counselling companies in global data protection matters.
- Sound legal judgment in developing and implementing legal solutions.
- Comprehensive understanding of business matters.
- Business and solution-oriented approach.
- Understanding of technical concepts and an interest in technology.
- Ability to communicate and discuss technical concepts at many levels, from IT professionals to those without a background in technology.
- Strong experience in project management and change management.
- Experience interacting with regulators, clients and customers with respect to incidents, audits or other related inquiries.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage a significant workload.
- Strong leadership and independent decision-making ability.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to compile and analyze regulatory and business information, assess risk, and provide resolutions or recommendations for process improvement.
- Highly collaborative individual with ability to influence others and build strong professional relationships.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and negotiation skills.
- Fluent in English, further European language skills helpful.
More about us
What we offer:
• An interesting job in a company promoting innovative and modern technologies.
• Opportunity for professional development in an international environment and for increasing your abilities and skills in various areas.
• Employment in a stable company with an established position in the market.
• Salary based on your professional experience and skills.
• Good working environment and a great team.
Register your CV and apply online for the job at www.abb.nl by clicking on ‘Carrière’.
For further questions about the job offer, you can contact Jacqueline Pereboom, 010-4078214 or via e-mail: email@example.com.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.