(International) Sales Specialist
Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a global technology leader in the field of electro-technical products, robotics, actuators, industrial automation and energy distribution for clients in the energy sector, for the industry and for the transport and infrastructure sectors. With a history of more than 125 years of innovation, ABB is building the future of industrial digitalization. ABB is the driving force behind energy transition as well as the fourth industrial revolution. The ABB group operates in more than 100 countries with approx. 132,000 employees.
The Industrial Automation division provides customers with products and solutions for instrumentation, automation and optimization of industrial processes. The industries served include Oil and Gas, power, chemicals and pharmaceuticals, pulp and paper, metals and minerals, marine and turbocharging. Key customer benefits include improved asset productivity and energy savings.
Within this division, ABB Spirit IT provides the global Oil and Gas industry with advanced flow computers and a suite of software solutions for custody transfer. The ABB SpiritIT product portfolio is used by the largest Oil and Gas terminals in the world working on thousands of devices and servers 24 hours a day. Within this department a vacancy has arisen for:
(International) Sales Specialist
- In this challenging position, you are responsible for the sales and development of the total ABB SpiritIT portfolio consisting of flow computers and software solutions. Your clients, mostly located abroad, consist of companies most within the Oil & Gas sector, including LNG companies, refineries, natural gas distributors, and more.
- You are expected to proactively develop the market by researching the market, and visiting existing, and identifying as well as engaging potential clients. The ideal candidate should be comfortable and experienced with cold calling potential clients and subsequently building a business relationship. International travel to visit existing and potential customers is an important part of your role and is required approximately 25% of the time.
- We are looking for someone with a strong business acumen with the relevant or related technical background, who is driven, ambitious, and more importantly a proactive self-starter. You are happy to take initiatives, are solution-oriented, and be able combine commercial and technical acumen. In specific, you should possess the following:
- You have a technical degree or background in industrial field instrumentation or control systems
- Background in the field of custody transfer and metering would be an added bonus
- A business degree and 5+ experience in a front-end sales position within the Oil & Gas segment. This enables you to understand our markets, customers and competitors
- Solid experience working with direct customers and through channels, including identifying and developing new customers and markets
- Commercially minded and result oriented, and proactive in following up leads and converting them into business opportunities
- You are enthusiastic, stress-resistant, accurate and a real team player
- A very high level of communication in English (both written spoken), and ideally highly fluent in one other European and/or non-European language
More about us
What does ABB have to offer?
We offer a diversified job within an international company, which is highly committed to the development of its employees as well as to quality and safety. We will, of course, offer you competitive and appealing working conditions.
Apply online and register your resume with www.abb.nl by clicking on 'Working at ABB'. For any questions about the position, please contact Michael Koops, George Hintzenweg 81, 3068 AX Rotterdam, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone +31 (0)10-40788458