Mechanical designer/engineer – NAVY
Billingstad, Akershus County, Norway
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing more than a 125-year history of innovation, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization and driving the Energy and Fourth Industrial Revolutions. To the shipping industry, ABB offers an extensive portfolio of integrated marine systems and solutions that improve the flexibility, reliability and energy efficiency of vessels. By coupling power, automation and marine software, proven fuel-efficient technologies and services that ensure maximum vessel uptime, ABB is in a unique position to improve the profitability of customers' business throughout the entire lifecycle of a fleet.
ABB in Norway develop and deliver solutions for marine power, propulsion and automation systems. We are responsible for deliveries of electric propulsion, power and automation systems to Oil & Gas related vessels, such as LNG Carriers, Drilling vessels, and Offshore Support Vessels and Navy Vessels
- Production of technical documentation and design for manufacturing of electrical equipment. This being, but not limited to, production, assembly, project, maintenance manuals.
- Product maintenance of mechanical designs for electrical equipment.
- Technical support for our sales department.
- Technical discussion partner for the PG Navy and customers
- Mechanical design and evaluation of both new and old technical solutions
- Technical evaluation and verification of our sub suppliers for the mechanical products.
- Implement and develop ABB mechanical solutions with latest design rules and requirements.
- Bachelor/Master degree within mechanical engineering/design. Qualified working experience will also be evaluated.
- Expert experience with 3D designer tools.
- Understanding of shock and vibration tolerances in the mechanical design of the electrical equipment.
- Fluency in English verbally and in writing is a requirement.
- Service minded and good collaboration skills both towards customer and internally
- Ability to take initiatives, ownership and are self-driven.
- Structured and accurate.
- Ability to handle several activities simultaneously.
- Must be a holder of a NATO alliance citizenship.
More about us
We can offer:
- Personal challenges with wide career possibilities in a positive and innovative environment
- Flexible working time with balance between office work and travelling
- Enthusiastic colleagues who are eager to share their knowledge with you
- Employee Benefits (cabins and favorable employee agreements)
- Various and challenging work-tasks
The position may be located in ABBs office in either Fornebu or Ulsteinvik
For more information contact Egil Ove Johansen, email email@example.com, mobile +47 92 40 59 09.
We are looking forward to receiving yuor application and CV through the ABB jobportal. The application-deadline is 08.03.2020
Please note that in cooperation with Meditor Search we conduct a background screening on all candidates that receive an offer of employment in ABB Norway. This to ensure best quality in our recruitment process, according with ABBs company policy.