Project Manager Navy
Billingstad, Akershus County, Norway
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing more than a 125-year history of innovation, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization and driving the Energy and Fourth Industrial Revolutions. To the shipping industry, ABB offers an extensive portfolio of integrated marine systems and solutions that improve the flexibility, reliability and energy efficiency of vessels. By coupling power, automation and marine software, proven fuel-efficient technologies and services that ensure maximum vessel uptime, ABB is in a unique position to improve the profitability of customers' business throughout the entire lifecycle of a fleet.
ABB in Norway develop and deliver solutions for marine power, propulsion and automation systems. We are responsible for deliveries of electric propulsion, power and automation systems to Oil & Gas related vessels, such as LNG Carriers, Drilling vessels, and Offshore Support Vessels and Navy Vessels
ABB is looking for a dedicated and knowledgeable Project Manager for our Navy Product Group, to execute domestic and international projects, on time with expected quality to a satisfied customer according to budget (commercial and technical responsible for the projects). The office location will be Fornebu.
- - Plan and follow up project progress including procurement
- - Evaluate and mitigate HSE and Environmental risk
- - Motivate and lead project teams consisting of ie engineers, document controller, controller and purchaser
- - Closely communicate with customer (and other stakeholders) to assure feedback and seek improved customer satisfaction
- - Travel to yard for meetings and Safety Observation Tours and travel to factories for Factory Acceptance Tests together with Engineers, mainly in Europe.
- - Manage project finance and perform internal and external project reporting
- - Follow up contract terms and conditions
- - Manage changes, risks and opportunities
- - Bid work for NAVY projects
- - Bachelor/Master degree within Electrical Engineering/Automation
- - Experience within marine systems or similar as an engineer
- - Experience as Project Manager, or aspiring for such a challenge
- - Fluency in English verbally and in writing is a requirement.
- - Personal qualities
- - Strong management mindset combined with technical interest
- - Ability to motivate and lead project teams and manage both work and personnel in an efficient manner
- - Service minded and good collaboration skills both towards customer and internally
- - Ability to take initiatives, ownership and are self-driven and result oriented.
- - Structured and accurate.
- - Ability to see opportunities for business and drive improvements activities
- - Ability to handle several activities simultaneously.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
We can offer:
- Personal challenges with wide career possibilities in a positive and innovative environment
- Flexible working time with balance between office work and travelling
- Enthusiastic colleagues who are eager to share their knowledge with you
- Employee Benefits (cabins and favorable employee agreements)
- Various and challenging work-tasks
Application-deadline is 05.01.2020. We are looking forward to receiving your application and CV through the ABB jobportal.
For more information contact Egil Ove Johansen, email firstname.lastname@example.org, mobile +47 92 40 59 09.
Please note that in cooperation with Meditor Search we conduct a background screening on all candidates that receive an offer of employment in ABB Norway. This to ensure best quality in our recruitment process, according with ABBs company policy.