Finance Specialist Accounts Payable
Grafton, Auckland (Central), Auckland, New Zealand
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Flexible work practices
- Medical insurance
- Disability insurance
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Power Grids division is the world's leading supplier of power and automation products, systems and service solutions across the power value chain of generation, transmission and distribution. Serving utility, transportation and infrastructure customers directly and through channel partners.
One of the reasons for ABB’s success is our rigorous and forward thinking Finance function. With more than 3,600 people in over 100 countries, the integrated Finance organization delivers the insights we need to make successful, long-term business decisions.
Responsible for process accounting transactions for Accounts Payable (AP) in a complete, accurate and timely manner while ensuring compliance with internal guidelines and procedures and external regulatory requirements.
- Processes Accounts Payable transactions, ensuring accurate tracking and processing.
- Performing necessary activities within the Accounts Payable area to ensure accurate and timely reporting.
- Executes analysis and reports as assigned and takes appropriate action as necessary.
- Complies with and helps achieve Internal Control over Financial Reporting compliance in Accounts Payable for applicable templates. Participates in internal control testing and prepares relevant documentation.
- Ensures all relevant stakeholders are aware of progress and issues to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- Accountancy experience or certification, US GAAP and NZ IFRS.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in accounts payable and associated processes
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel;
- Demonstrated Negotiation skills
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated.