Henderson, Auckland (West), Auckland, New Zealand
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible work practices
- Medical insurance
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB’s medium voltage manufacturing facility at Henderson, Auckland, is a global factory with research and development responsibility for the ABB Safelink 2 gas insulated Ring Main Unit switchgear and UNIPACK compact substations for the New Zealand market. We’re a strong team that provides our customers with all the benefits that a manufacturing facility has to offer, such as research and design, engineering, product and project management, manufacturing, as well as offerings and service support for the global ABB distribution solution portfolio. Our customers all over the globe choose our secondary switchgear products due to integrated digital solutions and its reliability and efficiency.
Our success is due to our commitment to high health and safety standards, quality ownership, continuous improvement, a collaborative team environment and dedication to serve our customers.
As our Production Manager you’ll manage a safe production environment and you lead continuous improvement, lean management and related change initiatives, that make a lasting impact. With your positive leadership behavior and excellent people management skill you build on the capabilities of the experienced team and continue to achieve outstanding results.
We’re focused on quality, productivity, on-time production and health and safety excellence, so you’ll have multiple opportunities to apply your related manufacturing experience and problem-solving abilities. If you’re looking for a company that will offer you a development path, then ABB will be a natural fit.
- Driving efficient and cost-effective production results to meet order demand, specifications, quality, and planning targets, through the coordination and management of plant equipment, personnel, and production processes (quantity, quality, budgeted costs and proper productivity level).
- Preparing production budgets and relevant production planning, overseeing progress, and determining actions to mitigate risk in order to manage the manufacturing lines and assets within budget and resource constraints.
- Developing programs, projects, goals, and metrics to lead the organization to the highest level of operational performance while optimizing working capital throughout operations.
- Identifying deficiencies in production area, proposing improvement activities, and overseeing implementation of actions to improve production performance, while collaborating with Continuous Improvement teams to integrate lean manufacturing principles into production processes.
- Implementing ABB’s standard ABB process improvement methodology (4Q Program) training and methods.
- Overseeing the creation of manufacturing subcontracts and managing the subcontractor jointly with other involved disciplines, including Procurement & Logistics.
- Collaborating with HR Management to ensure that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed.
- Guiding, motivating and developing team members to reach their own potential.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant health, safety and environmental directives, implementing regulations, and monitoring and reporting progress and results.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking charge for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- Tertiary qualification in engineering preferably electrical.
- Significant production management experience within an industrial scale facility.
- Sound working knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques e.g six sigma, kaizen
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, with a collaborative, solutions-oriented approach, and strong communication skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.