System Test Engineer
Kraków, Małopolskie, Poland
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are an ABB product group that develops and builds innovative outdoor wireless communications technologies and products used for mission-critical applications. TropOS networks are renowned for high reliability and performance, strong security and flexible scalability. We have more than 1,000 customers in over 50 countries around the world. Our customers use TropOS products to build wireless IP broadband networks for many applications in the utility, oil and gas, mining, industrial hub and smart city markets. We are looking for a (Sr) / System Test QA Engineer to join our innovative engineering team building large scale wireless networking products and software applications.
- Design, execute, and script test cases for TropOS MeshOS embedded software including configuration management, process management, interface drivers and kernel/TCP/IP modules and system characterization
- Write detail test plans, take them thru review, execute and file bugs with detail info
- Work closely with the development team in problem characterization and early design validation.
- Be able to integrate and test above with Tropos wireless solution
- Design and test complex test beds with respective networking configurations reflective of customer environments to validate networking, and security functionality
- Work closely with field engineering team in replicating customer environments on lab test beds.
- Work closely with customer support on engineering escalations, reproduce issues in the lab, and perform root cause analysis
- Knowledge and hands on experience with automated test environments and programs to improve time-to-market for software release and increase product quality
- Scripting skills in at least two of the languages Perl, Expect, Tcl, Python... (highly desirable)
- Solid understanding of Linux OS tools and utilities, wireless and Ethernet drivers
- Experience in Routing, Switching, Data Networking Skills – VLAN / IPSEC / VPN / L2 Broadcast, TCP/IP protocol, IP addressing (DHCP, NAT, etc)
- Hands on or knowledge of the 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WiFi function, MIMO, RF, 802.1x, 802.11e protocols and/or 802.15.4 based technologies (desirable)
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize multiple tasks
More about us
• Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology
• Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment
• Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills
• Get private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance
• Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program
• Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities
Apply now for this job and become our next System Test Engineer.
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”.
“I also consent to processing of my personal data for the purposes of any future recruitment processes”.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.