Embedded Software Engineer in C\C++
Kraków, Małopolskie, Poland
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are an ABB product group that develops and builds innovative outdoor wireless communications technologies and products used for mission-critical applications. ABB Wireless networks are renowned for high reliability and performance, strong security and flexible scalability. We have more than 1,000 customers in over 50 countries around the world. Our customers use ABB Wireless products to build wireless IP broadband networks for many applications in the utility, oil and gas, mining, industrial hub and smart city markets. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our innovative engineering team building large scale wireless networking products and software applications.
- Analyze requirements, design, develop and deliver high quality advanced routing software using the latest technologies and innovations in a timely manner.
- Understand customer requirements and translate them into engineering requirements. Write functional and design specification documents and drive sign-off.
- Interface with developers, QA, Documentation & Customer Support teams as needed.
- Architect, design, develop, test, or troubleshoot features or functions.
- Interact cross functionally on matters that require coordination across organization lines.
- Participate in full product life cycle development.
- Interface with Support/Customers during escalations and drive issues to completion
- C/ C++ programming and Linux based development and build environment. At least Bachelor's or university degree (B. S) in computer science, information sciences or a related field
- Good understanding of the host stack protocols such as IPv4/IPv6/TCP/UDP and routing protocols such as BGP/OSPF/ISIS/MPLS
- Experience in L2 and L3 Ethernet switching and routing protocols and/or forwarding (some or all of the following protocols; LACP, STP, IGMP, Multicast, OSPF, PIM)
- Good understanding of L4 to L7 protocols in Web, Mail and File applications
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
• Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology
• Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment
• Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills
• Get private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance
• Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program
• Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities
Apply now for this job and become Embedded Software Engineer in C\C++.
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”.
“I also consent to processing of my personal data for the purposes of any future recruitment processes”.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.