Embedded Software Engineer in C\C++
Kraków, Małopolskie, Poland
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are an ABB product group that develops and builds innovative outdoor wireless communications technologies and products used for mission-critical applications. Tropos networks are renowned for high reliability and performance, strong security and flexible scalability. We have more than 1,000 customers in over 50 countries around the world. Our customers use Tropos products to build wireless IP broadband networks for many applications in the utility, oil and gas, mining, industrial hub and smart city markets.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our engineering team building large scale wireless networking products and software applications. Reporting to Grzegorz Świętoń, you will use your knowledge and skills in product development to identify and implement innovative solution in Power Grids Group.
- Design, implement, and debug wireless driver integration for Tropos’ family of products.
- Design and implement platform software for Tropos’ family of products.
- Design and implement IP network service software for Tropos’ family of products.
- Research and develop wireless algorithms and networking technologies.
- Develop and debug software for IP networking.
- Porting 802.11 WLAN a/b/g/n driver on host platform.
- Develop User Interface for various WLAN features.
- Investigate new technologies, algorithms, etc.
- Follow the latest industrial standards, such as IEEE and IETF.
- Work closely with product management on new product definitions.
- Work with system test, fixing related software bugs and issues.
- MS/BS in CS/EE or equivalent knowledge/experience.
- 2+ years of experience developing embedded software in C\C++ (development wireless drivers based on WLAN chipsets including 802.11a/b/g/n, MIMO, 802.11e, 802.1x/WPA2 functionality will be a plus).
- Solid knowledge of embedded Linux operating system, experience on Linux device driver development preferred.
- Track record designing and delivering robust and resilient systems and applications.
- A high degree of self-motivation and flexibility.
- Ability and willingness to proactively interact and achieve exceptional results in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
More about us
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
• Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology
• Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment
• Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills
• Get private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance
• Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program
• Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities
Apply now for this job and become our next Embedded Software Engineer in C\C++ .
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”.
“I also consent to processing of my personal data for the purposes of any future recruitment processes”.