IS Applications Manager in Service Domain
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader with a comprehensive offering for digital industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB is today a leader in digital industries with four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by its common ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s market leading Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
We are an international pioneering technology leader that is writing the future of industrial digitalization. More than 10 years ago, our Information Systems Delivery Center in Krakow was built up. Last year it successfully merged into the newly created Global Business Services organization. This allows us to expand our global activities and support even further. To strengthen our Service Domain Delivery Team, we are looking for an IS Applications Manager with the experience of managing global applications/services and ITIL knowledge. Seize this unique opportunity and grow together with the rapidly developing organization.
The core responsibility of the IS Applications Manager is coordination of build & run aspects of one or more applications from Service Domain. As an IS Applications Manager, you will:
• Ensure that the application services being provided to customers are aligned to the customers’ need for them following Service Level Management process framework.
• Manage and develop the quality of application services in scope by negotiating, monitoring, and maintaining Service Level respectively managing.
• Manage the application delivery team, operations, releases, change management and roll-out support including also internal and external suppliers/service providers.
• Manage budget for one or more global applications and deliver activities within agreed schedules and costs.
• Review service level reports for internal and external delivery parties, and organize service performance meeting.
• Communicate with stakeholders to update status, resolve issues, and manage expectations for assigned applications;
• Negotiate release strategy and release scope with vendor and drive vendor performance and contract management.
• Contribute to develop Service Management processes within application operations.
• Identify new opportunities for services provided.
• Senior manager with 5yrs+ experience working in a global team.
• Experience of managing global application/services or implementation projects.
• Thorough knowledge of IT service management concepts (ITIL).
• Fluent spoken and written English.
• Ability to promote a team environment.
• Strong negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills.
• Ability to promote a team environment with strong leadership skills.
More about us
• Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology
• Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment
• Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills
• Get private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance
• Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program
• Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities
Apply now for this job and become our next IS Applications Manager.
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”.
“I also consent to processing of my personal data for the purposes of any future recruitment processes”.