Power Systems Engineer – MMS Market Applications
Kraków, Małopolskie, Poland
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
At ABB, we are committed to create a better world. Our Market Management System (MMS) engineering team creates the software used by electricity market operators to manage, optimize and operate some of the largest transmission and distribution networks in the world. We are recognized leaders in solving the most challenging and meaningful business and engineering problems that affect millions while delivering the most complete, sophisticated, scalable and reliable systems available in the market.
As part of the Market Applications engineering team, you will be focused in delivering innovative solutions in the areas of network modeling, network analysis, power flow, security/contingency analysis and real-time control.
- Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- • Analyze and understand customer engineering, business and software requirements, propose technically feasible solutions, estimate required effort, identify risks and formulate implementation approach and assumptions
- • Design, develop, test, integrate and document network applications and related work for customer projects, while following best engineering and software development practices
- • Support software releases and assist onsite/support team with expert knowledge, problem analysis, troubleshoot and resolution of defects as required to bringing issues to closure
- • Actively research and further own knowledge in power system analysis, market operation, optimization, and real time control and support and improve software development practices and documentation
- • Provide expertise and represent the company internal and external discussions with internal stakeholders, customer meetings, industry gatherings
- • Must be willing to travel for short periods of time to visit or support customers around the world
- Basic Qualifications:
- • Master's Degree with 2 years of experience in Electrical Engineering with special emphasis in Power Network Applications and Control
- • Demonstrated programming skills in high performance, high programming level languages such as FORTRAN
- • Familiarity with operating systems such as linux or similar
- • Proficient skills in English written and oral communication
- Note: This position could be staffed at a higher level based on additional qualifications.
- Desirable Qualifications:
- • Ph.D in Electrical Engineering with emphasis in analysis of de-regulated electricity markets
- • Formal classroom education in Power Systems Optimization
- • Formal classroom education in Data Structures and Databases
- • Experience with Power Systems Network Modeling, Network Topological Analysis, Power Flow, Contingency Analysis, State Estimator, Security Constrained Unit Commitment, Economic Dispatch, Linear and Non-Linear Programming (Optimization) and Numerical Methods
- • Experience developing power system application software for Electric Utilities or Electricity Markets
- • Experience with multi-threading, high performance, memory intensive analytical applications
More about us
• Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology
• Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment
• Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills
• Get private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance
• Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program
• Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”.
“I also consent to processing of my personal data for the purposes of any future recruitment processes”.