General Accounting Senior Specialist, Tax
Kraków, Małopolskie, Poland
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
We are an international pioneering technology leader that is writing the future of industrial digitalization. One of our key ambitions is to get faster and leaner, and to move closer to the customer. Therefore we are consolidating our internal services into a world-class Global Business Services (GBS) organization, with the largest center located in Krakow. To strengthen our Tax Team we are looking for General Accounting Senior Specialist, Tax who is focused on projects and challenges. Seize this unique opportunity to take an active part in shaping our new GBS center and grow together with the rapidly developing organization.
• You are accountable for up to date VAT analytics and compliance efforts for multiple EU and non-EU countries
• You work on identification and improvement of processes in the given area, mainly VAT and improve and update relevant supporting documentation supporting the streamlining of indirect tax data collection and reporting
• You closely cooperate with GBS Finance Delivery Lead and Delivery Managers (Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, General Accounting) and also the Tax Function
• You execute analysis and reports as assigned; support the less experienced colleagues with necessary actions as requested, act as TL support in assigned area, manage own operational area of responsibility within the team (sub-process/small operational area), set priorities for the team in assigned area, lead calls and run projects/workshops, you are seen in the team as an expert
• You compile with and help achieve Internal Control over Financial Reporting compliance in the tax (VAT) area
• You establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders contributing key roles and responsibilities to make a successful engagement, and build in-depth understanding of stakeholders business, function and priorities.
• You gather requirements for metrics, dashboards and analytics to support the stakeholders. You engage with resources in a matrix organization working across multiple delivery teams to successful delivery project commitments with customer satisfaction (Agile Project Management framework)
• You support and help drive the future vision of centralized transaction tax compliance. You take initiative, organize and lead the process improvement by using previous experience.
In line with the above, operational and process development are always at the top of the agenda. At GBS, you can count on great chances of being part of, and contributing to, an even better and more effective organization. You will be part of a Tax Team so cooperation and planning is important.
• Minimum 5 years of experience with International VAT in practice in a multinational environment preferably in a Shared Service Center
• Completed degree in higher education in Finance/Tax or Commerce (BA), master or postgraduate studies in the area of Tax (VAT) a strong plus
• Strong user knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel skills and SAP environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in business English
• Excellent organization and coordination skills with process orientation and attention to details
• Strong analytical and problem solving ability with large volumes of financial data
• Practical knowledge of Business Intelligence is a strong plus
More about us
• Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology
• Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment
• Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills
• Get private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance
• Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program
• Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities
Apply now for this job and become our next General Accounting Senior Specialist Tax.
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”.
If your application is convincing, you can expect to hear from us within 1 month.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.