IT Operations Engineer for Marine
Kraków, Małopolskie, Poland
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
To the shipping industry, ABB offers an extensive portfolio of integrated marine systems and solutions that improve the flexibility, reliability and energy efficiency of vessels. By coupling power, automation and marine software, proven fuel-efficient technologies and services that ensure maximum vessel uptime.
Remote Diagnostic System for Marine (RDS) is already installed worldwide on board of over 200 vessels. Dedicated solutions enable monitoring of physical assets in the power and propulsion chain, allowing to reduce or prevent downtime.
You can expect working in international environment and having opportunity to manage, deploy and maintain digital solutions across entire deployment stack e.g. from the sensor, programmable controllers, edge devices and software up to cloud storage, analysis and visualization. You will be cooperating with R&D and diagnostic as well as software development and IT maintenance teams to manage and execute performance and functional tests. You will contribute significantly to successful results of RDS projects in Marine & Ports Team in Kraków.
Watch the videos to learn more about operations in ABB Marine & Ports:
- Own and maintain diagnostic solutions for various vessel’s electrical components
- Manage functional and performance tests for diagnostic packages
- Propose and implement improvements in diagnostic packages
- Participate in projects within the Marine division
- Monitor performance and data consistency on production systems
- Cooperate with operational, analytics and development teams
- Maintain product-related documentation
- A degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent
- Basic programming skills (scripts, batch files, C#) and basic knowledge of MS SQL databases and .NET framework
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good command of English
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Since the role takes more than the above, we expect you are willing to learn data processing tools and algorithms; diagnostics of rotating machines; condition monitoring systems; test automation
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
• Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology
• Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment
• Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills
• Get private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance
• Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program
• Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities
Apply now for this job and become our next IT Operational Engineer for Marine.
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”.
“I also consent to processing of my personal data for the purposes of any future recruitment processes”.