IS Applications Operations SME for Finance
Kraków, Małopolskie, Poland
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
If you are looking for big, global challenges, Information Systems (IS) is the place to be. ABB's portfolio includes some of the most advanced power and productivity products and systems in the world. If you have the energy, discipline and intellectual firepower to succeed, you will find almost limitless opportunities to stretch your thinking, expand your horizons and build your skills as you work with people all over the world.
You will play a key role in strengthening our Global IS team, supporting IS Finance Domain Delivery in Kraków. Reporting to the Tower Manager, you will be part of a team responsible for applying broad IS technology knowledge and expertise to support global business needs and help solve challenging topics.
- Continuous improvement of existing solutions to increase their stability, availability and performance.
- Incidents management, troubleshooting and solving technical problems.
- Applications / systems monitoring and administration..
- Keeping systems IS security on a level required by corporate guidelines.
- Participation in multi-vendors, cross-departments applications onboarding\upgrade projects and datacenter migrations for servers, databases and applications.
- Participation in design and implementation of production systems including DR/HA solutions for Finance applications.
- Technical consultancy for application and development teams as well for business to improve their work and help them understand technical solutions, potential problems and risks.
- Communication with system vendors, external service providers and consultants.
- Roll-out of software patches, bug fixes and releases to different environments (Dev, Stage, Production), suggest implementation plan and run technical upgrades, assess the impact of changes and related risk.
- System documentation maintenance.
- Supporting production and collection of compliance evidences.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in IT environment with focus on operations.
- Solid knowledge in MS Windows Server 2008-2012 (Clustering, IIS) and in MS SQL Server 2012-2016 (administration, maintenance, installations, upgrades, tuning and optimization, DR/HA solutions).
- Knowledge in one of the task scripting tools or frameworks (e.g. PowerShell).
- Basic knowledge in one of monitoring solutions is nice-to-have (Nagios/Microsoft SCOM).
- Experience in operating finance applications (Oracle EPM/Longview) or knowledge in related processes is of big benefit.
- Dedication to grow into technical application and database support in a niche systems area.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
• Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology.
• Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment.
• Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills.
• Get private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance.
• Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program.
• Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities.
Apply now for this job and become our next IS Applications Operations SME for Finance.
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”.
“I also consent to processing of my personal data for the purposes of any future recruitment processes”.